Thursday, February 13, 2014

My screwdriver

So here I am in the 3rd week of unemployment. I'm bored. I've managed to get most everything on my list done. The things that remain require purchasing of some objects so I'm not going to do them now (read: not spending any $$).

Did you ever see Sleeping with the Enemy with Julia Roberts? In the film she's a kept woman abused by her OCD husband.  Controlled is putting it mildly.

Anyhow, there's a part in the beginning where they are sitting at the breakfast table. He asks her what she's going to do today and she replies "I'm going into town to buy a screwdriver."  He asks why and she responds, "Because we don't have one." Basically telling the viewer that she's bored and has nothing better to do but make up things to do.

I am going into town to buy a screwdriver. 

My "screwdriver" is wiping down all the light switches.

My "screwdriver" is wiping out all the cabinets.

My "screwdriver" is buying a plastic container (cheap) to organize the paint brushes.

My "screwdriver" is moving, rearranging, moving back my entire scrapbook room. (At least I got to vacuum under things.)

And the list goes on. 

I admit, I've enjoyed this time off. I've gotten to read a lot...a LOT and get caught up on all  my TV shows I've taped.  Now, well now I'm bored.

Yesterday I laced up the shoes and started the Couch to 5K process again - just for something to do (and well yes it's good for me). Today I would go out but I'm super sore so am resting a day.

Tomorrow I plan on doing some re-organizing of my recipes (they're all pretty organized already). Scrapbook stuff is organized. Receipts are organized (not too many cuz I'm not buying anything). Went through my file cabinet and tossed 7 year old taxes, old manuals, old stuff in general. 

Now I'm bored.

On the job front, I have a few irons in the fire, but nothing solid yet. I'm still trying to keep a positive feeling about one potential job, but as each day passes and I don't hear, I just assume it's a no. I've emailed them and have heard nothing. So moving on.

0 comments: