Friday, February 21, 2014

Flash cards from the edge

Back in the day, you know, elementary school, we used flash cards for everything. Math, spelling, definitions etc. Flash forward (hahah get it?) to 2005. I used flash cards to help me study for my PMP exam.  I find them useful and I'm very good at memorizing in that way.

Tonight I was telling my friend BeagleBabe that I think I'm too late to find an Italian class for our cruise in April. I've been wanting to take a super simple, tourist Italian class and just haven't gotten around to it.

And then I became unemployed and couldn't really defend spending $$ on an Italian class.

Tonight I got home and found this site. I went through ALL the phrases and was happy to find out that some, ok very little, of the Italian I learned while at TASIS came back.

Then I read through them again. And in the second round I realized, I need flash cards. I am, after all, unemployed and so have the time to make me some flash cards. 

I simply think learning a few phrases in the language of the country you're visiting is the polite thing to do.  And I love that it's something that comes to me relatively easy.  I won't, by any means, be able to carry on a conversation, but I will be able to order a beer and find the bathroom.

And that is, after all, all I really need to know.

Buona Sera!!
AKA - Good night

0 comments: