Saturday, February 08, 2014

Project Life 2013 - Done!

I've been a scrapbooker since 1998. I have 47 scrapbooks to prove it and could easily have bought 2 houses with the amount of $$ I've put into this little hobby. But I love it. I go back and forth with wanting to quit at times, and soon realize that it is my creative outlet and I'm going to keep going. I really scrapbook for myself. No one really looks at them. Only on a rare occasion.

This last year I jumped in both feet first with this "newer" scrapbook craze called Project Life. Long time Queen of Scrapbook Becky Higgins developed this system. The basic concept is to get your daily life scrapped with minimal effort.

The "layouts" are pages with pre-defined slots for your photos. Thing very old school photo albums - minus the gross glue adhesive background.  My good friend BeagleBabe started it and is an expert at it. She's not a scrapbooker (she says) and so found Project Life to really fit her. The simplicity in just putting photos in slots (with some fun embellishments) was just for her.  So I thought I'd give it a try.

I've gotta say, it's not simple for me. You would think it would be, but I found it more difficult to be "limited" to a pre-defined slot for my photos. Still, I pushed on and completed the entire year.  I'm happy with the output but will probably not be doing this for 2014 - most likely not that is. I think I'll stick to traditional scrapbooking - which seems easier to me.

I chose to do this Project Life thing with the project 365 (one photo every day for a year) photos.  I, obviously, didn't use every photo.  One of the concepts with Project Life is to capture your daily lives - including journaling.  Because I used project 365 there wasn't much of a need to journal. So I made lists of the photos.


Here's my 2013 Project Life. 















0 comments: