Thursday, September 28, 2006

Addicted to a real bad thing

Yep. That's me. Addicted to a real bad thing.

"She says she feels like she's addicted to a real bad thing
Always sitting, waiting, wondering if the phone will ring
She knows she bounces like a yo-you when he pulls her string
It hurts to feel like such a fool"

Ah lyrics from a song written just for me. Addicted, by Dan Seals. I heard this song on a random shuffle of my ipod tonight on the way home from drinks with the crush.

Yes.

You read that correctly.

Drinks. With. The. Crush.

He, apparently is alive, and does know how to drive and/or be social. I had plans to meet another friend tonight for drinks and decided on a whim to send the crush an email to let him know if he was available, we'd be at the bar. His response - which threw me that he responded - was not what I expected. And he said he could be there anytime around 8pm. Not really a commitment, but hey, I'll take it.

So, I get to the bar and the planned drinks with Claudia fell through. We've had a hard time hooking up at the same bar at the same time. One of us usually has our "lions crossed" (come on. You know that's a line from the Lion King...sheesh). Anyhow, I called Claudia as I was sitting in the bar to see if she was going to make it. And as usual, we hadn't quite communicated correctly and she had it down for next week. BUT I told her that I had invited the crush to join us. Immediately she launches into how this was a date. A date? I don't think so. Its two people casually getting together for drinks. That's it. A date means there should be smooching afterwards and I knew that wasn't going to happen. She proceeded to tell me I was...what was it?...she had some big word she had just learned, basically telling me that I shouldn't expect the stereotypical thing in the world anymore. And this was clearly a date. Whatever!

ANYHOW, I left. Once home I sent the crush a text message (god forbid I call him) and told him that plans had changed and Claudia and I weren't meeting, but if he was interested to let me know.

30 minutes before the time we were supposed to meet I thought, "What if he didn't get the text? Maybe I should go to the bar 'just in case'." So I dressed again, (I was in my PJs) and drove to the bar. Got there just as he pulled up. He hadn't got the text message. Phew! Thank heavens I decided to show. Can you imagine if I hadn't...? Poor guy would have been left there all alone drinking away his sorrows of missing me....pining away for me. I would have definitely felt bad.

We had a couple of drinks and got all caught up on my trip to NY, my car, his back problems, the new practicum class for the PMA (which is what my normal excuse is to do things with him). And we left. After of course he gave a good night kiss!

Hah!
Got ya. Just checking to see if you were paying attention.

No we left AFTER I drug him over to admire my car.

What did I learn from this experience? I learned I'm pathetic. I'm right back to liking him. Show me a little attention and I'm puddy in your hands. He's so not the guy for me, but he's so nice, and I'm soooo attracted to him. Blast!

In other news, I saw this street sign on the streets of our fair city this last weekend when Sherrie and I were trying to see the Dead Sea Scrolls. Not sure exactly what it is saying. But I laughed at the sight of it. The yard sale of people, books, bags etc. "Think of the Impact You Could Make!" Huh? The funnier part is it was no where near a crosswalk. So I really don't get it. But it amused me none the less.

This other photo is of the fountain and the Space Needle in the back. Oh Seattle on a beautiful day. Gorgeous! Just gorgeous.

5 comments:

Ken La Salle said...

Jenn... two words...

Youaredriving Uscrazy!

Jenn from WA said...

Wahahahhaha...my evil plan is finally working.

Al & Jo said...

JENNIFER!!!!

Nicki said...

hey, at least you're back to talking to him. That's the first step.

Anonymous said...

so did you ask why he'd fallen off the face of the earth for those weeks??? I agree with Ken. KISS him for heavens sake and lets kick this saga up a few notches.