Friday, September 01, 2006

The Sadness

A few days ago I posted a note about a friend's husband who died in the crash in Lexington. I've been - as I've mentioned - obsessed with keeping up on the details. I feel it's the only thing I can do from so far away.

A colleague of Sarah's sent me this today.

There's a story called “Man’s dream became reality” that is an interview with Sarah.

About CW Fortney

Heartbreaking, get some tissue.

And if that isn't enough death around me. Today it was announced a teammate who sits across the hall from me passed away. He was my age. We don't have all the details, and he wasn't on my team specifically, but rather the Speech team in general. Still, each day he'd poke his head out of his office toward mine and tell me if his music was too loud to let him know.

My mom said it the best today though. She asked how I was doing and I really couldn't fabricate a sentence. Then she said what is the hardest usually to deal with is the fact that these people are my age. People my age aren't supposed to die yet. And certainly not in any tragic accidents.

1 comments:

Nicki said...

I feel for you. It must be horrible to have all this happening at once.

And the feeling when friends our age start to die - eerie, and not in a good way.

Take care, and if you need to talk, I'm here.