Thursday, September 14, 2006

Miss Me?

I know you did. I miss me. The sane Jenn is MIA. She's packed her bags and was last seen headed for sunny Hawaii. While the practical Jenn stayed home to manage a party and a tradeshow. Sane Jenn always has more fun.

The 25th Anniversary party was a smashing success. Everyone had a fun time. The place looked fantastic, the cupcakes were delish, the food was amazing...and plentiful. My god did we have some food. In fact, I just tossed the last of the sandwiches because I was tired of eating them. It was good to see so many family members, and so many life long and new friends together in one place celebrating mom and dad's marriage.

Pain-in-the-butt-little-sis, Billie and her hubby Dan stayed with me this past weekend. They flew up from Cali to celebrate with us. We spent Sunday at the Pike Place Market buying up the joint. Well, okay, maybe it was just me buying up the joint. But I have a good reason...as soon as I find it I'll let you know.

The Great Job Search II has started again. I've opened my resume on Monster, submitted it to about 20 different jobs last night, have heard from about 14 different agencies today and have two interviews tomorrow. Man, I'm tired already. My main focus is Boeing and I want to do full on REAL project management. We'll see what's out there. The pay that I'm hearing from these agencies has my bank account all in a tither. One job for a wireless company in the area has a salary range from $50 - $60 an hour. Could you imagine? My god. The things I could pay off...like a Mustang for example. Or mom.

One small humorous item to tell you. I have a small bruise above my right eye. Naturally its the eye that my bangs don't cover. No, that would be too easy. Its round-ish and looks suspiciously like the bottom of a shaving cream can. I was getting a new razor out last night and pulled the box down from the top of my closet shelf. The box was opened and the shaving cream can came at me butt first. Did you ever see Christmas Vacation when Chevy Chase opens the attic and the ladder strikes him in the face? The look on his face that he has as he sees it heading right to him...? Yah I had that look. Cussing as it hit me in the head....!#$%^&@ !!!!!

Oh ... and a crush update. I've not heard hide-nor-hair from him in several weeks. I'm basically counting this crush crushed! I had high hopes for this one, but sadly, there appears to be nothing. Though I have not actually had a chat with him, its because I've not had a chance to actually see him. So for now, I'm sorry to say I'm going to let this one lie and work on finding me a job.

3 comments:

Al & Jo said...

Ditch the crush...he is a waste of time and energy. Move on, find yourself a high paying job and then a new love. Priority!

Thanks again for a wonderful party...I had a blast!

Love,
Mom

Ken La Salle said...

So, there you are! I was beginning to wonder if you'd left behind the wild, hedonistic, party lifestyle of the blogger and decided to revert to being.... NORMAL! (ick!)

Nicki said...

I thought you'd wrecked your new car.