Sunday, April 01, 2007

HOOoga chacka, HOooga chacha - Hooked on a Feeling....


S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y-Night!

Know who sings that song?

Nope. Not Bay City Rollers.

But ......

THE DUDLEY MANLOVE QUARTET


The boys, again, and not surprisingly, did not disappoint last night. The opening act, however, sucked rotten eggs. Oh man they were bad. But - I've decided to purge that memory so as to not take up too much room in the grey matter.

Back to DMQ. Last night was their Anniversary show, 12 long years. They had a slide show of themselves throughout the years and then....then...when you thought it couldn't get any better, they had the slide show timed with the music. It was very retro and was goofy as all get out. But so their personality.

They promised to play some new songs, and they did. They promised to play some old songs, and they did. What they didn't play was some of their "famous" songs. I know, they're a cover band so how is it they have "famous" songs. You see it's this way, they have quite the following. Although I noticed last night the "following" is aging, more old people there than before. Old like in their late 30's. Yah, like me. Anyhow, they have a couple of songs that they sing at every show that those of us who stalk them look forward to. Even Blueberry mentioned last night that they didn't play a few standards.

Now, you'll notice in the picture that my main man, Paul, is wearing paisley purple fancy pants. Yah, not his best look, but they were only a part time look. He put them on to sing Prince...so that makes sense right?

In this picture, notice the teeny tiny girl in red behind me. She's the size of my leg, literally. She barely moved or shook her grove thing all night. So disappointing. She's with the band somehow, I haven't quite figured out how, and she doesn't dance. Though she was at a show with my friend Shannon and I. Standing in the same place as she is now, and Shannon and I were behind her...she farted all night. No lie. Ask Shannon!


Do Not Adjust your Monitor. Do not freak out. But this photo I couldn't resist. Those are my nails in the black light. They kinda creeped me out all night since it looked like they were radioactive. I was "glowing" you could say. Of course black light makes everything white turn this weird blue-ish color. And as if we were in junior high, we giggled and laughed at people's "blue-ish" tones, especially when people smiled and had UBER white teeth. Good times.

1 comments:

Nicki said...

I love me a good local band.

I'm glad you had a good time!