Thursday, August 23, 2007

Happy S.H.I.T day

(Sure Happy It’s Thursday) It’s been a long one boys and girls. But never fear, I’m here to entertain you while you wait, patiently, for the weekend. You can feel it can’t you? It’s right around the corner. Just mere hours away.

This will be a random blog. Some might question if all my blogs aren’t random so how is this different. To those “some” I say what Patron Saint always says. My blog. My rules.

At 8:54 this morning, Creed unceremoniously took over the conf room as “his office”. PMDude and I at the same time, looked up, watched him do it and laughed. Oh I love predictability. At one point we even put on the conf room that it was “Office of the Assistant to the Sales Manager”. And if you don’t watch The Office, you’ll have no idea how funny that is. But laugh anyhow. Come on. Laugh!

The XXXCrush has risen from the depths of darkness again. While he conned me by being all dreamy into driving my car, he’s since went dark and I’ve not heard a peep from him. Then yesterday, I decided to delete all email correspondences with him from my “saved” folder (a girl can never be sure when she might need to pull out an old email for proof). Not 4 minutes (yes four) after I get a long email from the XXXCrush. I of course delayed my response by a couple hours so not to appear like I’m waiting for his email. And he responded again. So now I’m even more confused. First nothing, then two in one day. Never fear I’m not putting all my passion eggs into one basket. I think that basket has a flaw and I might lose an egg or two. I definitely know one of them is cracked.

Any-Hoooo

Thanks to the brilliant feedback from another blogging friend (actually he's a blog friend through a blog friend. It get's very complicated) REAL, I've purchased myself a new lens for my kick ass camera. A Sigma Zoom Super Wide Angle 18-50mm f/2.8 EX DC Macro Autofocus Lens. His pictures are fantastic and very inspiring. He sent me a URL to a friend of his who also takes photos and HIS pictures, as well, got me very inspired. My goal now is to get out and shoot. I'm going to try, very hard, to NOT get all hung up on having the perfect photo, but instead focus (no pun intended) on learning how my camera takes pictures and what settings do to affect the photo.

My Halloween costume is coming along nicely. I've talked Mom into making a pink poncho for me in which we're going to sew a pink boa to the bottom. Then I ordered a beehive pink wig (which is actually the most exciting for me), have flamingo glasses on the way and now just need to find duck-ish feet. As this gets together and I do "test" runs, I'll post some photos. I'm sure everyone will get a laugh.

5 comments:

Nicki said...

Don't ya HATE it when you FINALLY give up and then they rear their heads again? And then you feel like you've been too hasty and then you start questioning yourself every time you go to give up in the future, holding on to things you should have long let go of because you think you're being too hasty and if you wait just a LITTLE longer, you'll get a sign. Sucks.

Al & Jo said...

RUN, RUN very fast. He reminds me of someone from your past!!!! FBF!!!

As for the halloween costume...yiyiyiyi

Ken La Salle said...

I gotta say, all this crap with the XXXCrush is giving me Confusionasia. I don't dare begin to guess what it's doing to you.

... by the way, why XXXCrush? At this rate, shouldn't it be GCrush???

Lesley said...

I agree with Freak -- I hated it when they'd wait until I had finally stopped obsessing over them, and then BAM! He'd be everywhere all over again. There was one who I promised myself if he ever came back again (again again) that I would be totally justified doing something to make sure he never EVER came back again. My defense would have been simple: he needed killin'. Good thing I met Real!

I heard about your new lens. I can't wait to see more of your photos!

Unknown said...

Yes, I look forward to seeing some photos as well.