Monday, August 06, 2007

I'm a Ramblin' Man - er ah woman...

Is it just me, or does everyone have gnomes who visit their desk at work at night and tangle up your headset chord? I swear to you, I wrap mine a certain way to avoid tangle-age. And yet, every morning, they are tied in a series of knots that would make an experience boat person confused.

The weekend was mostly non-eventful. I got home Friday and proceeded to die a slow death on the couch with the remote in my hand. Had it not been for the drooling I might not have realized I was comatose.

Saturday I did the Seattle tour guide thing with a colleague here from the UK. It dawned on me that if you're not actually taking pictures or buying something, some Seattle hot spots just aren't that interesting. But whatever, we had fun.

I've mentioned in previous posts that I've crossed over the dark side and am drinking tea instead of coffee at work these days. I saved myself $20 last week alone by not buying coffee. PMDude had mentioned to me a while back about amazing coffee he makes with his French Press and so I broke down this weekend and bought a press. I have a coffee pot, but it usually makes too much coffee. Yes I realize I am the person responsible for telling the coffee pot how much to make. But you see, I can only make a good cup if I make 6 cups, of which I thrown 4 out. Its a waste. So Saturday I followed my directions carefully and made myself a cup of coffee. I can see how this could be good coffee someday. But for now, we'll just say it's a work in progress. "Watch this space" for the day it becomes amazing coffee.

3 comments:

Al & Jo said...

Okay---this coffee thing has got me worried....YOU DRINK COFFEE, NOT TEA! Did you forget??? Did someone steal your brain in the UK??? WTH??

And on another subject, who makes up these "word verification" thingies that you have to put in to reply to your blog????

Jenn from WA said...

Mom - Never fear, I do still drink Diet Coke, so we're all good. I think its a fluke. My venus must be in retrograde and thus causing the world to tilt slightly.

As for the word verification, blogger generates them...and sometimes they can be quite interesting.

Nicki said...

What the hell is a coffee press? I thought I was being discerning when I started paying 50 cents for a couple of 'gourmet' coffee at work.