Monday, August 13, 2007

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life.

"A Monday by any other name, still sucks. "

"Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays… ~ secretary, Office Space"

"Monday is the root of all evil."

"I’ve come to the conclusion that Mondays last 50% longer than the other day." ~ Turtle Dundee

Yes, boys and girls, it's been a dooosey of a Monday. Why can't people at work just do what I tell them to and stop questioning my authority? I am, after all, their PM and as such should hold a certain amount of "I know what I'm talking about" and yet, I get nothing. I won't, and can't, go into specifics, but suffice it to say, everyone seems to be pissing me off today.

The weekend however started off with one helluva Dudley concert. I know. I know...I say that every time. I have two very good reasons for saying it every time though: 1) Clearly I forget how great the last concert was and so think the most recent concert Rocks the casbah and 2) I just think all of their shows are awesome. This one was particularly fun because they opened as their country cousins the Sh*tKickers. Good friend, Hiker Girl (Margo - you now have a code name. You should feel so proud) wasn't so sure about the SKs as she's not a country fan, but once they did a Billy Joel song country style, she was hooked. She and I continued to dance the night away when DMQ took the stage. Blueberry became somewhat of a wetblanket after the second set, so I did my best to ignore her and continue to make googly eyes at Mr. DMQ himself. Though my "googly eyes" might have also been construed as "drunk girl in the front row." Though I wasn't for a change. Hiker Girl on the other hand, continued to make googley eyes at the bass player and the young lead guitar guy ( who's quickly stealing my heart away from Mr. DMQ).

We started Friday evening at a kickass restaurant I found quite on accident in Seattle. I wanted something close to the Crocodile - where the show was, but didn't want something "normal". Found Assiago's. The guy (Mauro) hugging the patron on the website is the owner. He stopped by our table several times to check on us girls. AND he recommended the best bottle of wine. It was a 2003 Montepulciano (OnePath - you should find yourself a bottle of this. I think you would like it.). The wetblanket didn't have any wine, so Hiker Girl and I polished off the bottle. The food was sensational, flavorful, and just the right portions so not to fill stuffed. I highly recommend it if you're ever in Seattle looking for fantastic Italian cuisine.

Okay, I've stalled long enough. Back to Monday.

5 comments:

Scribbler said...

I don't know why PMs think that they're anyone's boss.
I don't know why they think that anyone should do what they ask, let alone what they say.
I have no idea why a PM should think themselves further up the food chain than a SME.
Considering my brilliance, that's a lot of things I don't know. Does any of this help, PMQ?

Al & Jo said...

oh oh Rabitt...you have just started WWIII!!! And you are very brave!

Nicki said...

Thank God you didn't describe the food. I'm already starving.

And sorry you had a crappy Monday. :(

Jenn from WA said...

Rabitt - You just think no one commands you...I do believe you said you were married.

Mom - Rabitt isn't afraid of me...though he should be.

FM - Let me know if want a description...I can say I had tagliatelle Bolognese.

Ken La Salle said...

Jenn, you won for best Blog Entry Title of the Week! Yea!!!!

Meanwhile, I'm going to try to get Vicky to let me buy the wine...