Thursday, August 16, 2007

Hello old friend!

Wow, I never thought that scanning all these negatives (shoosh PMDude) would cause such nostalgia. But it has. Many photos I'm finding it within my heart to delete (all old BF photos. Not as much fun as shredding was, but still fun) and I'm finding I have no remorse over it.


A big special occasion passed by earlier this week and I was remiss in mentioning it. How rude of me! Which might explain the knocking and pinging. But on Tuesday, my baby, the Stang was one year old! One year! Can you believe it? Ahhh, look how beautiful she is.



As I was thinking that I had missed such an important date as the Stang's First year anniversary, I scanned the below picture. Ahhh...DULCNEA #1. The one who stole my heart and how bitter sweet it was to let her go. I loved that car. She was everything a girl could have wanted from a Stang. But sadly, she was totaled out when a stupid teenager hit me from behind. It wasn't a light tap either. I was sitting still and he hit me at 35 mph. The whole back end was crumpled. The impact caused my sunglasses to fly off my head and land in the back window shelf. Good times. Ahhh, how I miss her. She's a beaut ain't she. She'd be 7 in October.




Okay, enough reminiscing. Back to the negatives. (PMDude, I know. I know. You choose to not use the word negative. It's so negative.)

2 comments:

Nicki said...

My old gal is falling apart. I know I should let her go, but it's just so hard.

Teaux said...

My purple Dodge Caravan turned 14 at some point this year. Although she looks more like she's in her mid 40s I'd say.