Thursday, April 24, 2008

Act II: Scene 7: Jenn loses her mind

I feel so loved. Thank you to everyone of my avid readers who have sent me an email asking if I was okay because I've not blogged in a week. Honestly the week has been a bit of a blur and I'm trying desperately, and somewhat unsuccessfully, to cling to any bit of sanity I might have left.

First a few shout outs:

UNCLE JOHNNY & AUNT JULIA: YOUR GENEROUS DONATION WAS RECEIVED AND IS ON ITS WAY TO BEING PROCESSED. YOU ROCK! THE THREE STOOGES WOULD BE PROUD!

PMDUDE & MASTER OF THE HOUSE (WIFE): WOW! THANK YOU! YOUR GENEROSITY WAS A BIT UNEXPECTED. WAIT! WHAT? NO NOT THAT I DIDN'T EXPECT YOU TO BE GENEROUS, IT WAS JUST UNEXPECTED THAT YOU WOULD DONATE TO THAT LEVEL OF GENEROSITY. IT STILL SOUNDS LIKE AN INSULT. EITHER WAY, YOU'VE EARNED AT LEAST 5 MINUTES OF ME NOT PICKING ON YOU! YOU ROCK!

With those two donations, I've met my minimum requirement of $2,200! All together now, "WOOHOO!" What? I can't here you Jersey! WOOHOO!

And in other news....

The snow is, thank god, gone! I'd like to say that it's gone for good, but with this fictitious global (that's a joke BTW) warming thing, who knows. All I know is me and a couple million people in the Seattle area are SO ready for summer! Bring. It. On.

My stalker personality has been in a bit of a drought. The illustrious band I stalk has found themselves performing, for the last two months, for larger gigs, and more expensive gigs, than this stalker can afford. I had a moment of weakness in which I was ready to kick them to the curb, but have since come to my senses, and realize I should be okay with "sharing" them with others. Still, I'd like to state for the record, and should anyone from said FANTASTIC band be reading this blog, when will our eyes meet again? When will you be playing the same lounge songs that you are so famous for in a local that is affordable to me - your main stalker? I do believe consideration of my needs should be put in front of say, money! I'm just sayin'. Don't make me go find another band to stalk!

Ahem!

Let's see, what else.

Oh yes, the Great 40th Birthday Bash of Blueberry (try saying that 10 times fast, in heels and downing a bottle of Merlot.) Complete success. We had black balloons, too much food, not enough wine, several cupcakes in cherry chip and chocolate, and friends and family in all their glory! Blueberry's Mom and one of her sisters surprised her by coming over for the weekend to help celebrate. (MomUnit: the photo to right is with your flower/cake you sent to Blueberry. Though since your floating in the Pacific ocean, in 90 degree weather you probably don't care.) While you can't see it in the photo, Blueberry was wearing "Birthday Girl" dilly-bobbers, and a "Over the Hill" necklace provided by your's truly. Anywhooo, all participants seemed to have enjoyed themselves tremendously. A HUGE shout out to the Newlyweds for their assistance in the party planning and execution.

And with that, next topic.

I've had a relatively painful week at work. Suddenly I find myself being challenged by my own stupidity and I hate that. While I'm learning a whole lot, its stuff I wish I already knew so that I could avoid the pain. Suffice it to say, I did some miscommunicationing that caused other people pain and suffering, and for that I have this enormous guilt cloak I'm wearing. Ugh!

1 comments:

Lesley said...

Woo hoo!!!! (Did you hear that?)

I hear you on the enormous guilt cloak. I'm wearing one myself this week at work, and it is the biggest joysuck EVER. This morning I'm contemplating building a little sleeping cubby under my desk, like George had on Seinfeld. It would make me more comfortable in those moments where I just want to crawl under my desk and hide.