Sunday, April 06, 2008

"Any Man with a Uterus is a Woman"

The quote of the night. It's a very long story, but suffice it to say that during my little dinner party last night the conversation moved to this guy/girl combo who's pregnant. The discussion quickly went down hill, but the quote of the night goes to The Groom of the Newlyweds - see title.

Last night was yet another VERY successful - if I don't say so myself - dinner gathering. Sometimes I think I must have been a chef in a previous life. I so love cooking. I really need to find someone to cook for on a permanent basis. My +1.

The menu last night was:
Spicy Szechwan Chicken - without the chicken. I used flank steak instead. ZOMG that recipe is so dang good.

Szechwan Green beans - Yah so I couldn't find enough good looking green beans to make enough for 6 people. So I tossed in some baby carrots and snap peas. Delicious. A bit spicy, but hey, who doesn't like spice?

Mashed potatoes with cream cheese - not Asian I know. But I've had this recipe for years and finally decided to test it out. Just okay. It needed more garlic. Oh wait, it didn't have any garlic, no wonder I didn't like it.

Blueberry brought her famous Chinese Salad...though I think it's titled Oriental salad, and I'm trying to be more PC by calling it Chinese. Though I suppose it could be Asian. Who knows. Who cares. All I know is I had to stop some guests from licking the bottom of the bowl.

Dessert was angel food cake, ice cream, and strawberries - courtesy of the newlyweds. They thought I was odd to ask for my cake on the side. No I don't want ice cream and strawberries messing up angel food cake. Making is all moist...sick! No moist cake! Ick!

We managed to drink our way through 3 bottles of wine - which helped my overstocked wine rack. Now at least all the wine I own fits on the rack and I don't need to buy a second. Darn it! Cuz I found one I really REALLY like.

Yesterday, Blueberry and I managed to walk a whole 5 miles. Her foot is still healing (did I mention she stepped on a screw last weekend?) and so she didn't think she could go on. So at 4.8 miles in an attempt to avoid a scary man dressed in a cow outfit we ducked into Elmer's and had breakfast. Full bellies, we walked the additional .2 miles home. By then I was knackered and just wanted to not walk anymore. Yesterday's walk takes me to 145 training miles, I think. I might have missed a mile or two. Today was just cross training. The weather is questionable and I thought crosstraining was more my speed considering the wine haze I woke up with. Oh and the pile of dishes waiting to be done.

I went grocery shopping today for the week and I gotta tell you people are absolutely stupid. See being all perfect and everything, I feel I can say such things. There was this - I think woman though the jury's still out - in front of me in line who absolutely refused to run her debit card through the debit card reader to pay for her groceries. She "demanded" the cashier run it. After about 3 minutes of the cashier trying to explain to Crazy that it was the same reader, the cashier took her card and I kid you not, ran it through the SAME machine she wouldn't run it through. She said nothing. No complaint no nothing. Seemed to be completely fine with it. Then the cashier asked her to put in her "super secret security code". And instead of typing it in, she TOLD the cashier and the line her "super secret security code". If I were the type to steal a person's identity I could have been Crazy in 2.5 seconds. But wait, it gets better. I know. You're asking yourself how, right? So Crazy stood at the end of the counter and revisited every single item on her receipt, checking it off that they were in a bag. Mostly unloading bags as she went. I was super speedy, paid for my stuff, and squeezed past Crazy to go to Starbucks. What? It's right there, I couldn't resist. Crazy followed me. As I stood waiting for my coffee, I watched Crazy slide her card through the debit card reader at Starbucks. I just don't get some people. Maybe she thought the other one was possessed or something. Or maybe, just maybe her meds kicked in. I'm just sayin.

Okay, I'm done rattling on and providing the few religious readers I have - who have been bugging me to post I might add - with something to do for a minute or too. Now I have to get back to whatever it was I was doing before I got distracted by this big shiny computer screen.

1 comments:

Nicki said...

AAahhhhh. God, I don't miss retail.