Friday, April 18, 2008

If a Blueberry is 40 years old, is it old?

Well Blueberry IS OLD today. HAPPY 40TH BIRTHDAY BLUEBERRY!!!! Forty long years she's been on this earth. And boy could I tell you a few stories. I checked my karma meter and it's pretty low so I probably shouldn't tell you those stories.

We have a big hoopla planned tomorrow to celebrate her birth some 40 years ago. Hard to believe, but I did confirm they had running water and electricity then. Several friends and family will be ascending on my cabana in black, to pay their respect for Blueberry's youth. I'll be sure to post photos from the "wild" party it proves to be. Twenty bucks says we're done and in bed by 9PM.

Do me a favor? Go to your nearest calendar. Check the date. Does your date say April 18th for today? Yah, the key word there is APRIL. Well, someone forgot to tell Mother Nature it's APRIL. Why? IT'S FREAKING SNOWING OUTSIDE! It hasn't snowed in April in 36 years here, and THIS weekend it decides to. Here's the funny thing about Seattle weather. Last Saturday it was 80 degrees. This Saturday it'll be snowing. Tonight it's supposed to get to 28 degrees for a low. The who the what now? We'll never see sun.

Wait! What was that? Thunder? Since when does it thunder and lightening when it snows. Oh holy hell, the apartment alarm was set off by that damn thunder. Pookie's under the bed and won't come out for months now. Decisions Decisions! Do I leave the apt like I'm supposed to when the alarm goes off? Or do I sit here and continue to blog? Yah, I agree. I aint' going outside in this weather.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go make cherry chip cupcakes for Blueberry's birthday cake. I'm making 40 total. Each one will have a candle. OMG, you totally believed I'd do that.

Oh and Hi Mom and Dad who are gallivanting somewhere in the Panama canal spending my inheritance.



Update: Since I posted the first time, we now have 3.5 inches of snow. WTF!

And I brought home my tulips from work and messed around with the macro lens. No too shabby!

2 comments:

Al & Jo said...

Snow?? From where I sit in my nice, balcony stateroom aboard the Norwegian Pearl in the Panama Canal it is 93 degrees and 90% humidty...oh, and I forgot, I have a nice, cold, refreshing beverage in my hand as well....we love spending your inheritance!

lOVE YOU
MOM AND DAD

Nicki said...

40 cupcakes all with their own candle? You are an awesome friend.