Monday, April 07, 2008

RUTROW!

The names in the following story have not been changed to protect the not so innocent.

The following conversation took place April 7th at approximately 6pm. My cell phone rings, well actually it doesn't ring it plays Mustang Sally. What? As if there's any other song for my phone.

Jenn: Hello?

Voice on the other end: Jenn? (pant pant)

Jenn: Blueberry?

Blueberry: Jenn, I think I'm lost.

Jenn: Where are you? (dumbest question ever award goes to...)

Blueberry: I started walking from my condo and turned right went up Jefferson (at this point Jenn has tuned slightly out) and crossed over 99 and am trying to get to 164th.

Jenn: Well, give me some landmarks.

Blueberry: There's a Safeway and a Starbucks.

(I think, "Hmmm, that narrows it down in Seattle.)

Jenn: Are you walking?

Blueberry: Yes, I left my condo turned right and walked down 148th. I crossed 99 and expected 148th to turn into 164th.

Jenn: Ahh, Blue, 148th runs parallel to 164th. It won't EVER run into it. Now, where are you exactly?

Blueberry: On 148th.

At this point, it should be noted that I think I have an idea where she is, but I'm having way too much fun to give in. Oh, and it should also be noted that it's pouring rain outside.

Jenn: And so what do you want from me?

Blueberry: Well, um, er, um, do you know how I get home?

Jenn: Backtrack. 148th will not run into 164th so turn around and go back.

Blueberry: So I'm soaking wet. My shoes are wet, my pants are wet.

Jenn: Do you want me to come and get you? Because I need to know now. I have rice cooking on the stove and need to know whether to turn it off or not.

Blueberry: Would you mind?

My thought, "Would I mind? Let's see. It's pouring rain outside. I have dinner cooking on the stove. I'm in my PJs ready to settle in for the night...I might mind."

Jenn: Okay, now where are you?

Blueberry: (she sounds slightly frustrated at this point) There was a Safeway and a Starbucks up on 99.

Jenn: Is there a Taco Bell across the street.

Blueberry: I don't remember.

Note: Do you see? Do you see why it's fun to play with her?

Jenn: I think I know where that is. Turn around. Walk back to Safeway and I'll meet you there.

Blueberry: Okay.

So I got in the stang, drove out to pick her up and giggled the entire way. She had walked and got lost. She thought she knew where she was. She thought the road she was on would cross another road she knew of. Though she didn't realize they run parallel. Directions aren't her strong suit.

BIG SHOUT OUT TO MOM'S FRIEND GINNIE FOR HER GENEROUS DONATION!!!!!

I've not written about an update to the adventure of 2008 of late, but suffice it to say, things are still going well. I've walked a total of 145 training miles to date. By the time all is said and done, if I stay to the to the training schedule, I will have walked 765 training miles. Oy vei. That makes me tired just thinking about it.

1 comments:

Nicki said...

Awww, you'll still go out after you get the pjs on. You're a true friend.

And how do you feel these days after all the getting in shape you're doing?