Sunday, April 11, 2010

Bang the drum. Eat a cookie. Run. Walk. Fight for the cure.

I love to give back. Most the time I don't feel like I'm doing "enough" or that I'm not doing the "right" thing - which I translate into the most impactful (if that's a word)

Today I made 60 Thank You cards by hand for the volunteers for the Gala. BigBro and I took some fantastic photos that evening. The volunteer coordinator wanted to send the photos to the volunteers with a "thank you". I signed up to make the "cards" with the photo on it. They're darn cute I if I do say so myself.

Anyhow, as I was cutting, rounding corners, tearing, and chalking these 60 cards, I was thinking about being a Pink Warrior and what did that mean. Did it mean I had to do everything? No. Did it mean that every little bit helps? Yes it did.

So I put away my "guilt" of not doing enough and settled on doing what little I can, knowing full well that that little bit is helping someone, somewhere. My hands hurt from all the cutting, tearing, etc, but that's a small price to pay when you think about dealing with cancer.

I've also put on the fundraising hat for my team: Saving Second Base. The team is walking again this year with me as their trusty sidekick - Queen Walker Stalker! I'm motivated to help the team so here's what's in the hopper for fundraising.

1. Gathering junk for garage sales.
2. Having a Miche bag party
3. Having a pampered chef catalog party (yes Freak - I just need to figure out when - but you're may gal for this party for sure)
4. Baking cookies.

And #4 is where you my dear readers can come into play. I'm making ribbon shaped sugar cookies, lemon cookies and lime melt away cookies - if you want 6 or 12 they can be yours. I'll even send them to you - and you can pay me whatever you feel is worthy of 6 or 12 delicious cookies made by yours truly. These cookies will be like I said sugar cookies, lemon cookies or lime melt aways with a soft pink icing over them.

Even if you yourself dont' want to eat the cookies, surely you know someone who will. And trust me these are good cookies. I've already made and tested the cookie dough...oddly enough no cookies were harmed during the testing because no cookies were ever cooked...but trust me the dough is delish!

Place your order today by emailing me - most of you have my email. I'm standing by waiting for your order.

0 comments: