Friday, April 23, 2010

Cookies!!!

Well all know, and hopefully love the Cookie Monster. He - I think he was a he, is a blue, furry creature in Sesame Street that loves cookies. What's not to love right?

I like cookies too. While I'm not a sweets fan (I'd rather have something deep fried) there's something about cookies that can bring out the child in you.

I happen to love to bake cookies. My co-workers often benefit from this love because I really only want the first 2 or 3 (or 4) cookies out of the oven, then I'm done, then the lot of them have to go to work. Why waste them?

This year I decided to put two passions together. Raising awareness and money for the Susan G. Komen 3 Day and baking cookies. I've posted on FB several times that if you want to order cookies I'll send you a dozen for a donation.

Now I'm not walking this year. But I'm determined to help my team raise money. Just because I'm not putting one foot in front of the other during the 3 Days does not mean I'm not a willing participant in the spirit and glory of the 3 Day.

I laid out my plan some time ago. I started talking to friends who all said, "Oh sure! I'll order! And they have. Bless you!

I've started with decorating sugar cookies. There's only two decorations at the moment because I have three orders I'll be fulfilling tomorrow (Thanks Ladies! You know who you are!) But rest assured, I now have the bug. Who knows? This could be a job of some sort.

Good Old Sugar cookies with pink sugar.

More sugar cookies, only dipped in white - well pink - chocolate and little pink pearls.






You wanna order now don't you? I ship anywhere in the US.

0 comments: