Saturday, August 28, 2010

What’s the Opposite of Bon Voyage?

Whatever it is, it’s about to be said to us. We are on our final push home. Tonight we docked in Victoria.  We decided to not get off the boat tonight. Primarily because of the cost to get to Victoria from the dock, but also because Mr. Volleyball, The Dane, Blueberry and I decided to do a nice dinner in one of the fancy restaurants.  For $20 we got a 5 course meal!  And this meal was to die for.  Mr. Volleyball and The Dane decided to splurge and buy champaigne to celebrate the ending of the cruise.


I’ve refrained from posting any food photos for fear of you all gaining weight. See how nice I am? But get your stretchy pants cuz I’m posting tonight’s dinner.
We started with a duck appetizer, which I didn’t get a photo of mostly because I’m not a duck fan.  But also because I forgot.
Second course for me was Spicy Chicken and Coconut soup.  Spicy being the key word there.  Also didn’t get a photo, but trust me you’d be drooling. Perhaps from the heat of it, but you’d be drooling.
I followed the soup with a Balsamic Beef Steak Tomato salad.  Flavorful is putting it mildly.
Dinner was Land and Sea. A 6 oz Filet Mignon and 2 VERY large prawns.  This plate was only part of the meal. Each entre you could select as many sides as you’d like. I had heard raves about the scalloped potatoes, so I had those and asparagus.  Delish.
Finally we finished the meal with coffee that was so thick my spoon melted.  It was so darn good though. Blueberry I think will be up for the next decade on the coffee.  I accompanied my coffee with Velvet Chocolate Souffle. 



I’m never eating again!
Tomorrow it’s back to reality – and Monday it’s REALLY back to reality and back to work.  I have to tell my boss I got a new job and will be moving on. Oh! Did I not tell you I got a new job? Well I did. I got a kick ass new job and a massive raise and I can hardly wait to start it.  It’s still a contract at HotelCaliforniaSoft, but I think it will be a fun and great job.

0 comments: