Thursday, September 15, 2011

Back in the saddle again

Yes, I am.

Back in the work saddle. Now if only I can get my work credentials to all, well, work, then I'd be all the way back in the saddle.  Unfortunately at Hotel CaliforniaSoft it does take time to on board a new contractor, employee, vendor - whatever. They system seems to be quiet slow for a company that is known for such greatness.

Still, I'm back, and happy to be here. The team has changed slightly since last I sat in this chair. The job has changed slightly too - and toward my strengths which is always good.  A good portion of the team is out this week so next week will feel like I'm really back and really able to work - if my credentials get going.

Tomorrow starts my favorite 3 days of the year. The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer 3Day!  I just finished the book "Promise Me" written by Nancy Brinker - the founder of SGK and now have a whole new appreciation of how far we've come in the fight for breast cancer.  I'll be posting some of my favorite quotes later because they made me stop and think.  And I have things I want to say about them, just not yet.

Back to the 3day.

These next three days will be filled with laughter, tears, and emotional outbursts I won't even know exists. I'll cry for what seems like no reason.  The warmth and feeling of community that comes with the 3day is something I wish everyone could experience every day.  I'll cherish these next three days. I'll be sleep deprived. I'll be tired and my feet will hurt (and I'm not even walking).  I'll be emotionally drained and will take a couple thousand photos.  And I'll be so happy to be there.

I've got the pink wig ready. I'll be pulling out the Flamingo costume from years past.



I've got the decorations for Sparky. This fringe table skirt will find it's way, somehow, around Sparky.


I've got the new team sign ready to go.


I'll be doing my naked rain dance tonight to stave off any rain for the weekend (for once I want the weather man to be wrong about his less than sunny outlook for this weekend).

No photo of the naked rain dance for obvious reasons.

It's a secret.


I've got the team coming over tonight to carb load.



I've got the Niece coming over to be my Walker Stalker (nice little tradition we've got going her and I.)


I've got my bag o' pink stuff ready to be annoyingly pink all weekend. I have new flamingo glasses and a new wig should the foot high beehive not be conducive to a convertible.


I'd say I'm set...

2 comments:

BigBro said...

World's best Walker Stalker Team..........thank you for your support...........I'm PROUD to have you on our team!!!

Unknown said...

we probably just missed you this morning - we were at Gasworks for family pics at 9am and saw the tail end of the 3day-ers leaving.