Friday, December 06, 2013

Daily reminders

Its been almost a week since we lost BigBro. I know I am missing him only one tenth of what Seattle SIL is, and for that I feel very sad.  I miss the big guy more than ever it seems.

I keep assuming, and I know, that each day will get better.  And yet each day something, random usually, reminds me of our loss.  Today it was geese flying above me.  I thought about how he'd pretend to shoot them every time he'd see something like that.

Which led me to his legendary Donald Duck voice.  That made me smile.

Which led me to search my photos for goofy photos of him. And let me tell you, it would be harder to find a normal photo of him.  He really was not normal...in a good way.

I picked up my mail today and was excited to see what looked like cards in the mail. I love this time of year and getting Christmas cards from friends and family long and far. Reading their letters to get me updated on what happened over the year is one of my all time favorite past times.

Only these cards, weren't what I was expecting. I opened the first card to find a sympathy card. I read it, teared up a bit and moved on to the next, and the next, and the next. All sympathy cards. 

I love them too, don't get me wrong. I just wasn't expecting them.  I remember the shock I felt when the DadUnit died at how many sympathy cards I received and at the same time how comforting they were. I find these just as comforting.

They weren't Christmas cards, but they still, somehow, made my day.

Its turned cold here in the Pacific Northwest. We're breaking records right and left with just how cold it is. Woke up this morning to 18 degrees. That's insane and completely uncalled for here. Bring back the 40's.

Tomorrow at 11:50am, would you mind having a moment of silence for the big guy? It would surely warm my heart.

0 comments: