Monday, December 16, 2013

December Sunday Dinner

We close the year out with a festive and sugar filled Sunday dinner.  It's the annual December Cookie Exchange Sunday dinner.

There was much merriment. Much sugar. Much food. And much fun.

I have to admit, I was worried what this first Sunday dinner without BigBro would be like. I was concerned there would be a somber feeling to it. Turns out all my friends are very festive and made the Sunday dinner enjoyable with no reminders that BigBro wasn't there.  I mean you could still feel his presence missing.  For example, I  missed him and Blueberry arguing of who parked in "his" spot.  I missed him coming into the house and announcing in his loud boisterous voice, "Bless all in this house."

And I missed his gigantic bear hug.

Still we pressed on and we celebrated the love of friends and family. The MomUnit got to be here for another Sunday dinner. And what a good one she got to enjoy too.

I had 10 guests last night. I had, at one point, 13 and slowly people had to cancel for one reason or another. No worries, they'll be welcomed back.

The entertainment of the night was Linus in his Snowman costume.


You can tell he loved being in it.  Not.

Second entertainment was Zoe.  She's a sweet dog and put up with being stalked by Lucy.  Lucy was in ONE CRANKY mood last night. She did not appreciate me bringing a dog into the house.


A couple of the guests, who shall remain nameless, decided they wanted to do a pasta test with the gluten free pasta.  I swear the used ever pot and pan I had in the house. The kitchen was a disaster and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to take a photo.


It really doesn't do it justice. It was a  mess. I'm on the 3rd load of dishes today.

Still, in the end we had quite the variety of goodies and treats. I sent most home with HikerGirl (oh yah, BTW, HikerGirl was here to visit. It was great to get caught up with her.)

I kept it simple and made Bolognese, Caesar salad and cheesy olive bread.  No carbs  and no calories here.

Just look at all those treats!

Just look at all those sugar crazed people.
Not shown in the photo is Lucy. She had had enough by the time this photo was taken and she bolted, scratching Mrs. Landlord on the way. Also not in the photo is Mrs. HotLanta.  She and Zoe had to take off a bit early.

So here closeth another Sunday dinner year.  Maybe next year we can get back to the rotating Sunday dinner.


0 comments: