Friday, December 27, 2013

Merry Ho Ho

Merry Ho Ho everyone.  And with that another Christmas season is wrapped up and decorated with a bow.  Phew. I'm done with Christmas this year. December has turned out to be a long month, and one I'm ready to say "so long" to.  Let's start 2014.  Clean slate.

But before we get into 2014 so much, let's review Christmas Eve and Christmas day.  What a splendid couple of days it was too.

The original plan for Christmas Eve was for the MomUnit and I to head off to a fancy pants dinner at the Salish Lodge. My gift to the MomUnit.  Once I found out I'd be out of work on the 24th of January I quickly reviewed my calendar for things I could not do and save $$.  The MomUnit was fine with us tossing the Salish, figuring we'd do our traditional meal instead. 

Instead we were invited out to the Braspir's for prime rib.  Who passes up prime rib for a stinking tradition? Not this kid. And not the mother of this kid.  So off we went.

People, I feel bad that some of you have never met the Braspir's.  They are family.  I combined their last name with ours so that it can show just how close they are to us. And they were thrilled. (On a side not, if I had reversed the order and put our name first we would have been the Wraschs - pronounced "rashes"). Anyhow, we were greeted with open arms and hugs all around. 

They live out in what I call the "country" here.  I swear you have to pack a lunch just to get to their house.  They have a charming house that was all decorated.  The savory smell of prime rib wafting from inside greeted us at the door.  After much merriment, and many drinks, we got down to business of eating. The prime rib was spectacular.  A bit too rare for me - it moo'd when you stabbed your fork into it - so Mrs. Braspir and I nuked ours just a tad. The rest of the fam was happy as anything to eat such a lovely piece of meat.

The night progressed and we got goofier...Mr. Braspir, in particular was in rare form. God that man makes me laugh. 

Their tree was beautiful and made me feel like Christmas was finally here.  I missed my tree this year. Maybe next year.
The Braspir Christmas Tree.  So merry and bright

The "Bras" half of the Braspir family. I love these people so much.

The MomUnit and I ...we have so few photos of us together. I'm going to remedy that.
After coming home and declaring we were never going to eat again, we got up on Christmas morning and began prepping for Christmas Dinner.

Mr. and Mrs. Hotlanta were bringing the prime rib.  How I managed to be surrounded by people who love their prime rib and who love to feed me their prime rib is beyond me. I swear it's not an interview question.

They showed up sometime around 1 and Mr. Hotlanta promptly started getting the prime rib together for cooking. It smelled so good in this house that my mouth was watering.



We got out our appetizers and waited for Seattle SIL and Seattle Niece to get here.  Once they arrived, the real merriment started.  I was unsure how it would be to not have BigBro here with them, but it turned out I only missed him about a hundred times instead of the thousand times.

Mr. Hotlanta set off the fire alarms a couple of times during the cooking process, but when he was done, oh man....that prime rib was so delicious.  I made twiced baked potatoes and my favorite green bean recipe to go along with the before mentioned slab of meat. 


Just look at that! Take a moment and just imagine how incredible good that tasted.  You'd be right. Once he sliced into it we all let out a collective "ahhhh".


Its funny to see this photo and all the slabs of meat on our plates and nothing else. Darn Mrs. Hotlanta for closing her eyes.  I think she was just blinded by the beauty that was the prime rib.


Finally, the sides were passed and we were ready to eat.  After eating everything on my plate, and then maybe a brownie or two after, I swore I'd never eat again.

Which reminds me...it's dinner time. BRB

0 comments: