Friday, December 20, 2013

Snow-ma-giddon

There's something about waking up when it's snowed overnight. It's quieter in the morning and all you hear is the scrape of a snow plow against the pavement. Oh wait! Not this year because DOT doesn't have budget to plow.

Anyhow, it snowed out here today. 

In Seattle that basically means the city shuts down.  To our credit we do have a bunch of hills, and a ton of people who don't know how to drive in the snow (myself included) and think they know how to drive in the snow.

The demons aren't sure what this white stuff is.  I lured Linus out to the deck with a toy and he went as far as the snow and stopped. Lucy, on the other hand, saw the open door and booked. She didn't get far until she realized what she was in was wet and cold.


I used to love snow days because it meant I could stay home and enjoy the snow. Now working from home it means a snow day just means I work from home.

Speaking of work, I won't be doing that for too much longer. I found out on Thursday that my current project management position is going away. My contract will officially end on Jan 24th. Oh goody. An early NON-Christmas gift. Maybe this is karma's version of coal.  I'm sure I'll find something but am not too happy about having to look.  I don't blame the team and their decision, it's a decision that makes sense and frankly, this is the life of a contract worker.

0 comments: