Friday, December 13, 2013

Friday the 13th

Are you a superstitious person? I try not to be, but sometimes I can't help it. I blame Grandma Spaid.  She had all sorts of "Old wives tales" and I remember feeling like she really believed in them. Now granted I was younger and could have totally read her wrong.

Speaking of reading, I just finished my 49th book this year.  I'm not sure I'll be able to get 52 by the end of the year. The book I started last night after finishing the December book club book, is only 120 pages.  If I could find just two more like that then I should be good.  OR... I could go to Barnes and Noble and read a couple Dr. Suess books. Does that count?

Speaking of goals, do you have any for this coming year?  I have been putting mine together over the last couple of weeks. I'll share them when I'm done.

I'm big on goals.  And I'm big on adjusting them.  I see nothing wrong if you start with one goal and readjust it mid year. 

Speaking of mid-year, when last we reviewed my goals it was July.  Let's check in again to see where I am now.

2013 Goals - Review
1. Read more!
 As I mentioned above, I'm so very close to my 52 books this year. I find it interesting that my goal was "Read More" and didn't include a number of how many to read.  Somewhere along the way I decided to read a book a week.  Next year, this goal will need to be more specific.

 2. Scrapbooking
My goal was to control my purchasing of scrapbook supplies.  HAHAHAH. Its a good goal, but again, I need to be a bit more specific.  Its hard to not spend with regards to scrapbook supplies.  Still I did pretty well and wrangling it in, but not nearly as good as I wanted.  This next year I'll need to really focus on it. I have some ideas on how and will share them with you later. I can tell you it does not include shock therapy.

3. Photography
 My goal here was to get out at least 6 times this year to shoot photos. It didn't seem like that difficult of a thing to do, and yet, I think I only got out a handful.  I shot Georgetown, Pike Place, Ballard/Seattle Library, and ... and... well that's it. Darn it.

 4. Finances
The savings plan is going ok. Not nearly as well as I had planned. I'm thrilled that I've done as well as I have and know that I need to take it up a notch. 

 5. Health
This one stunk.  I really didn't do well on the exercise and eat right plan. I need to really focus on this again. I gained some of the weight back and I can tell.  The lack of working out has really made me feel sluggish and unhealthy.  Time to make that change.

 6. Blog more.
 November helped with this. I tried to do the 30 days of blogging, had a rough patch toward the end for obvious reasons, but still got myself back into the rhythm.  I miss writing and I miss telling you all about my life. You know you wanna know!!!

So there we are.  Didn't do nearly as well this year as I had planned, but did well enough.  Many of these will end up on the goals for next year - they always do.  I just need to be more specific in my goals.

Do you do goals? What are some of your goals?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmm, don't your vacations count as shooting photos? I think they should, since you take tons!

Is it sad that I don't even remember what goals I set? Chances are I haven't accomplished them, huh? Sigh.