Thursday, August 31, 2006

Sleeping with the enemy

Think back to 1991. Julia Robert's flick called Sleeping with The Enemy. Remember it? Remember when she fixed her towels in her new house after they had been moved? How freaky that was?

Okay - so think Lynnwood, Washington. My place. (If you've never been here just use your imagination - and feel free to embellish my living conditions to be mansion-esk).

In my guest bathroom, I have two towels hanging from a towel rack. Nothing out of the ordinary except for the past 2 weeks, the towels - which I have put even - are constantly uneven. Every time I go into that bathroom and they are askew it freaks me out. And for the life of me I can't figure out why. I fix them, and then guarantee the next day they are askew again.

Tonight I was in there and feeling all "Sleeping With The Enemy-esk" by fixing them - again. Right behind me was my pal Pookie.

I turned to wash my hands and happened to see in the mirror that rat of a cat in action.

He has taken to standing on his back feet and grabbing the bottom of the towel with his TEETH and pulling it. Now, imagine my happiness at finally figuring out who / what was rearranging my towels...which was followed quickly with, "What the hell?" He likes to play under the towels and "attack" the hidden "mouse" normally. But I've never EVER seen a cat pull the towel with his teeth. Naturally, I assume he's doing this to mess with me. Why else would he do it? The little bugger.

So Mystery solved. Anyone want a cat who can rearrange towels? I could go on Dave Letterman Stupid Pet Tricks - and make millions! Well, maybe not.

4 comments:

Ken La Salle said...

I think he has a future in dry cleaning!

Jenn from WA said...

Or the Circus

Nicki said...

My cat eats watermelon and drinks liquor.

No pulling of the towels with the teeth, though.

Nicki said...

Oh, and speaking of Sleeping with the Enemy, that scene where she opens the cabinets and all the cans are arranged just so? Freaks me out every time and make me squeal like a little girl.