Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mom's Day, Mom

Mom is still in Tucson (long story as to why she and dad haven't made their trek North) so I won't get to actually celebrate Mom's Day with her...in fact it has been years since we've celebrated Mom's day together.

Mom's are funny creatures. I'm VERY fortunate to have a mom who's my best friend. She knows everything, well almost everything...I have to keep some secrets for the BFF only. Her and I have an odd bond in that we think the same, do the same things, say the same things, and frequently...and I mean frequently, call each other at the same time.

We have a funny, inside joke when signing off from IM to say "lubya" instead of luvya. And its all because she and I both misspelled it one time when signing off. Now it just feels normal.



So Mom, on this Mother's Day I give you this.



Mama thank you for who I am
Thank you for all the things I'm not
Forgive me for the words unsaid
And for the times I forgot
Mama remember all my life
You showed me love, you sacrificed
Think of those young and early days
How I've changed
Along the way (along the way)

And I know you believed
And I know you had dreams
And I'm sorry it took all this time to see
That I am where I am because of your truth
And I miss you , I miss you
Mama forgive the times you cried
Forgive me for not making right
All of the storms I may have caused
And I've been wrong
Dry your eyes (dry your eyes)

Cause I know you .... Mama I hope this makes you smile
I hope you're happy with my life
At peace with every choice I made
How I've changed Along the way (along the way)
Cause I know you believed in all of my dreams
And I owe it all to you, mama


I was going to post the video, but then I realized the meaning behind this song in the video was a bit "different" and not what I intended for my mom. But if you're so inclined to hear the song and ignore the message in the video, click here. I mean it is, after all, Il Divo...and that's just yummy no matter how you slice it!

1 comments:

Al & Jo said...

Jennifer...
That was the best gift you could have even given me! I am so proud of who you are and what you stand for. Thank you for just being you.
I love you
Mom
P.S. Where did you get THAT picture???