Friday, May 04, 2007

"I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way"

I won't even say I'll hand out kudos for anyone who knows what movie that quote is from. If you don't know, then you don't know me...or movies.

Okay - let's see. First off, Patron Saint kicks ass. She "nominated" me for a Think Blogger award. Apparently she gets all excited when Pookie writes. And because a Patron Saint nominated me I feel so, well - blessed. And in honor of this honor, I'm going to be a practicing Smart Mouth all day/weekend. (No comments from the peanut gallery as to how that's different from normal). I'll put my nominated 5 out this weekend. This is serious business and I must think about it...cuz I'm a Think Blogger. Bahahahaha, look at me, a comedian too.

What isn't so funny is this online dating thing. Oh. My. God.

Number of "smiles" received since last post: a hand full
Number of "smiles" sent: 2 - slim pickings
Number of emails from smiles sent: 2
Number of potential candidates: 2

So this week has showed me that men, in general, really do think with their south pole (if you know what I mean?). One guy, his second IM to me was to provide statistics on his - er ah - manhood. Yah, don't need to know that. And of course, my response was, "that's all. How unfortunate."

Recently, as in today, I was emailed by a young Boeing employee. That should make mom all excited...(hint: she's X Boeing, as is my dad. And well my entire family is Boeing.) His email to me was sweet and quite frankly he hit my ego point. He asked why I was still single...so clearly we're already on the same page. So I'm going to try to hook up with BB (Boeing Boy) this weekend. Cross your fingers.

I did get hit by a smashing young fella from MOROCCO. He must have missed that I was really interested in someone within 25 miles of me...and preferably in the same darn country. Anyhow, his profile read like a long sentence with no punctuation...okay so it was a long sentence. And for your reading enjoyment here it is. (Maybe its bad form to post the bad profiles, but all names have been removed to protect the illiterate)

"hi for every body here really am a man like am now in my pic for me i find my self simple man love the life love to be happy and lough am a man who like foot ball i like it too much i know perhaps any things about foot ball i like also cinema i like to do the works in side house to cook and make it tidy really am searching about awoman who is interesting to be withe me and love me truthfully like i will be love here when we are together really i have my right of charming if u want to know me more contacte me and u will know who am truthful and like i tell u."

Yeah. Lucky me!

4 comments:

Lesley said...

I kick ass? Awww, thanks! You kick ass too, of course. That's why you were nominated!

Wow, that is some personal ad! I think he sounds like a total catch since he am truthful and like he tell u.

I will keep my fingers crossed for your meetup with BB! Make us proud!

Al & Jo said...

Go Boeing!

Nicki said...

OMG!! I got that same thing!! I think. I don't really pay attention to the out-of-the-state-ers. I always think they're members of terrorist cells.

Anonymous said...

Well, you DID have a thing for TCNs, as I recall!

XOXO

Mike