Sunday, May 06, 2007

Weekends sometimes suck....

So the weekend was kinda a bust. And by kinda I mean just a little.

Friday night Blueberry and I met in Ballard to have dinner and go see the boys of the Sh*tKickers. They were performing at a dive of a spot, the Salmon Bay Eagles club in Ballard. I've been to this venue before and I have to say...it redefines dive.

But before we get to that part of the story, the before the show was fun. We got down there early and so decided to wonder through some of the fun shops in Ballard. In one shop, the owner and clerk were two older women who were cracking us up. They were blasting disco and just having a helluva good time. As we were leaving they commented on my NY Macy's purse. (which by the way, considering it was the cheapest of the purses I bought in the big apple, its the one I get the most comments on). That, of course, started a conversation. Blueberry and I mentioned we were going to dinner. They suggested we go to this fantastic little place called Volterra. We walked in and were seated immediately. At first glance of the menu, I thought, "OH god, its one of those places." Very shee shee with all sorts of things on the menu I'd never order. For example, wild boar. Ick. But I did find a smoked chicken pasta that was OUT OF THIS WORLD. Or more specifically, a "Bowties with Smoked Chicken (Farfalle con Pollo Affumicato) Bowtie pasta tossed with house smoked chicken, mushrooms, asparagus, artichokes, and tomato cream sauce; topped with Quillisascut ’s Soft Goat Cheese"

And coupled with that was a fantastic cab/merlot blend. Blueberry decided to get dessert and I decided to have their homemade lemoncello. Oh...wow. How I love me my lemoncello. I've not had such flavorful lemoncello since my days in Italy.

So now with all the food aside, we headed off to the Salmon Bay Eagles club to watch the boys of DMQ perform as the Sh*tKickers. We opened the door and be-bopped in. Every single person in the bar turned to look at us...silence fell through the place. I didn't think too much of it. Went up to the bar tender and asked if they were open for the show that night. The bar tender said, "What show?" Before I could get in a word, the drunk bar fly at the end of the bar offered to put a show on for us. Declining his tempting offer I explained to the barkeep and he laughed out loud and announced to the place who we were there to see. And in a voice that rocked through the place he announced that we were early...an entire day early. DOH!

Blueberry and I shuffled out of there in a fast pace and laughed at our stupidity.

Today I treated myself to a pedicure. I laughed my way through the entire thing. They are so not relaxing to me. But my toes are sure purdy.

As for the dating scene, no news is good news. I've been trying to hook up with the Boeing Boy and have been unsuccessful. But I'm still finding myself amused with this process. Boys sure can't think with their heads up north. Will they EVER grow up? Ever?

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Sounds like a good restaurant! At least they didn't send you off to a Swedish meatball and lutefiske shop :-)

I definitely feel for you, but am impressed at how you are putting yourself out there. I wish I had a good single guy for you to meet too. My cute cop brother is divorcing, but he has already hooked up with some gal in Everett who works for the state patrol. She hasn't passed my criteria yet... he has to let me meet her first.

And the one guy that I do like who is single and extremely educated... well, I just wouldn't do that to you. I like him, but I think he is a kid who'll never grow up entirely. He likes to scuba dive. Take treasure hunting trips, etc. I am not sure how he has used his BA's and PhD in the real world yet. Though, he does own his own home in Edmonds... almost across the street from his parent's house! LOL lovely.

Though, I do know another guy who is very extreme left who is interesting. You may have to get by his Spitz (dog) though. Another confirmed bachelor, though he at least is a professor up at Western. He also collected a lot of degrees--most from WSU (he went when my brother did). Let me know, I'll hook you up with Dr Keith! :-) Is Bellingham too far? :-)

Al & Jo said...

I will speak for you Jenn...NO --Bellingham is not to far! :)