Saturday, September 08, 2007

Frog Legs anyone?

It's been said that one must kiss a lot of frogs to find the prince. So in light of recent events tonight, I'm going to start referring to all future dates from the online site as FrogBoys.

I got stood up!

Stood up!

I'm furious. This was date #2 with FrogBoy 1 and surely would have expected him to show. I mean he did show for the first one and made plans for the second. The act of making plans in and of itself denotes an interest to actually follow through with the plan. But apparently FrogBoy 1 didn't get the memo that when you plan a date with a girl, you should show up.

I was embarrased, and annoyed after waiting in the restaurant for 30 minutes before deciding to get the flock out of dodge. I had let FrogBoy 1 know that I am notoriously early AND that I had made reservations for us under my name. I had a clear, very clear, view of the front door, front desk and the bar. I could not have missed him.

Naturally, all my good female friends have helped me cope with this blatant disregard of my time and emotions by helping me think of ways to cook frog legs. A few, well most, have all did the, "Well, maybe something happened." bit with me. And true, maybe something did happen. I hadn't given him my cell # yet. It was, after all, only the second date. A Frog must earn my cell number. Despite what you've heard I don't go handing it out to any Tom, Dick or Larry. Though maybe if I did, I wouldn't be sitting here fuming over being stood up.

God help Frogboy 1 if he actually emails me and actually attempts to come up with an excuse. I hope at least he's creative in his excuse.

6 comments:

Scribbler said...

Anyone want PMQ's mobile number:

it's 555-FROG H8R.

Rabitt.

Melissa said...

He's not just a frogboy... but an inconsiderate cad.

Kevin has started going to a couple of the Seattle Flickr Meetups (can't remember the exact name, but searchable at flickr), and it's basically a photog group that meets up at various places through the week to take pictures. He said there are a lot of single people in the group, and I thought that might be another idea in meeting someone--who would share at least one intrest right off the bat.

Check out the group at flickr. I think Kev said there are about 800 people that belong to it.

Melissa said...

wait wait wait. I just read that he was in the same dorm at WSU. so which house was this guy on (the one who you were suppose to meet up with last night? I need to look this one up in my yearbooks! LOL! Might even put devil horns on him :-)

Lesley said...

How humiliating! Well, I'm glad that you've made up your mind not to listen to any pathetic excuses. There is NO excuse in this case!

Let me know if you want me to break his kneecaps, all Jersey style. I'd love an excuse to visit Seattle again. ;)

Nicki said...

Maybe that's my problem - I give my cell phone number out fairly early in the game. I'm a cell phone number whore.

I went on a date recently and didn't know if my date was EVER going to show up. I thought about leaving, but said, "Screw HIM. I wanted to have dinner here, I'm having dinner here - with or without him!!" It's a very empowering feeling.

Dip him in eggs, then crushed cornflakes, and fry.

Anonymous said...

Was he the one who was helping his Mom move before the date?