Monday, September 17, 2007

Say Good Bye to Hollywood, Say good bye my ba-AY-be

So this weekend was a weekend of goodbyes. Nothing tragic, oh no…just farewells to a few of my favorite things.

Pretty Pink Razr goes POOF
One of my long time GalPal’s BaltimoreHeidi who now lives here, decided it would be a great idea to set me up with her husbands best friend. A man they’ve known for some time. She was sure we’d hit it off. He is, after all, from the great state of New Jersey. Which by my count of the map is about a dozen states away (as the crow flies). In fact if you’ve ever seen the movie Sleepless in Seattle there’s a scene where Tom is explaining to the little tike that there are a number of states between Seattle and NY. And his comment is something like, “I don’t even want to think what they aren’t teaching you in school.”

Now, I’m not saying BaltimoreHeidi isn’t smart. She is. And I’m sure her heart was in the right place. So, she, her husband, the NJBoy and I all met for dinner. We went to one of my all time favorite restaurants in Seattle called the Pink Door (which funny enough their once pink door is now more salmon, but whatever). They have, by far, the best lasagna this side of the Mississippi. Before dinner we ordered an appetizer, Olive Tapenade. One of my faves, and theirs is quite tasty without a lot of garlic overhang (if you know what I mean). NJBoy apparently isn’t a fan of olives, nor is BaltimoreHeidi’s husband so they ordered their own appetizer, which left this MASSIVE amount of tapenade for BaltimoreHeidi and I to share. Try as we might, we couldn’t eat it all. We asked for a doggy bag and we were all settled.

I had my massive NY bag – courtesy of SLSIL – that had my new camera, my wallet, my phone, misc lip glosses and tums at the bottom. The tapenade, while originally was upright, somehow got tussled and ended up upside down. All the fabulous olive juice and olive oil filtered through the paperback and laid a nice quarter inch worth of gunk at the bottom of my purse.

The wallet – not a problem.
The camera – surprisingly only a little gunk on a corner and it was all good.
The misc lip glosses – saveable
The tums – mush
But the phone, it was covered in it. I cleaned it off, all the while it’s chirping at me as if it say, “Help Help I’m drowning in olive oil.” Let it sit overnight to “dry out”. Got up Sunday and decided to plug it in to charge it. A small puff of smoke and a small crackling sound and the phone was dead. D-E-D Dead!

The best part of this tale is that 1) my plan isn’t up until March so I had to buy a phone out right…no discounts. Bastards. And 2) the blind date wasn’t even all that fun.

Best Guy Friend Gets Married
Yes, my best guy friend, Mike married his lovely Nancy this weekend. Both adorable and the wedding was absolutely beautiful. Blueberry and I managed to not cry during the ceremony even though when Nancy started up we almost did. Blasted emotions. The wedding was held at one of our local swanky country clubs. As I drove through the streets of this county club with the Stang I was sure I was going to get pulled over for having such an undervalued car. My god those people know how to live. Anyhow, it was a ton of fun to see many of my long time friends that I’ve not seen in months or years in some cases. Funny how when people get married and have kids, suddenly their single friends get the boot.



Me, Mike & Nancy, and Blueberry

The Gang: Baily Fuehr, Kris Fuehr, Me, Blueberry, Cyan Fuehr, Darby Fuehr, Curt Fuehr, Debbie Opstad, Mark Levine, Lars Opstad and Vanessa Levine.


OJ’s Freedom
Is it me, or is this guy the biggest dumbass ever to walk the earth? I mean really OJ. Just because you got away with one crime, doesn’t mean your invincible. Gotta teach this boy about security cameras.

Now for the opposite of Goodbye, we say Hello. I went out on date #2 with FrogBoy1 – he was the lateboy who “stood” me up. He redeemed himself by meeting me for beers and football yesterday, which led into dinner and football. Nice combo really. He’s nice. He might have made the cut to be invited to the next Dudley show. And you know once you’ve made that cut, you’re in like Flynn. (where on earth did that saying come from anyhow?)

2 comments:

Ken La Salle said...

Nice to hear some good news from frogtown, er, frogboy.

Scribbler said...

"the best lasagna this side of the Mississippi"

Mmmm. Mmmm. MMMMM.