Monday, September 03, 2007

No Laboring on Labor Day

Holy cow, it's been almost a week since I last wrote to you my lovelies. I only have on excuse...there's been really nothing going on.

I spent a good part of Saturday morning wondering the city of Seattle. I went with a goal to take photos of the Pigs On Parade. Sadly I wasn't nearly as impressed with the pigs this year as I have been in the past years. But I found a few that were "okay" to waste my precious digital memory on. I was in Seattle for 3 hours and only took 75 pictures. Anyone who knows me and knows that I can take pictures in mass quantity, might recognize that 75 isn't that many.

I spent a good part of the day at Pike Place Market. It was where the Pig idea began. But that's not why I went. The original Starbuck's is there too. Also not why I went. I went for the atmosphere, and oh, did I mention they have flowers? Lots and lots of flowers.


I was testing the camera in different lighting settings. This particular photo was inside the market, with indirect light from outside. I didn't change up the settings at all and wanted to see what would happen. I think I could have allowed a bit more light in for this photo. Oh and I found out my camera records the metering for each photo. Yay. No more need to write it down.

Tiffany's, oh how I love thee. I can't afford a single thing in there, but I can photograph it.


More Pike Place Market photos. The market and coffee seems to go hand in hand with me. So this photo seemed appropriate to take for my personality. I need to figure out how to make the sky blue and keep the integrity of the other items.

Faces on a pig. One of the pigs was covered in these faces. It was perhaps my most favorite pig. It was certainly the most original. A lot of the other pigs were, what seemed to me, replicates of past pigs from past years.

Flowers. Flowers. Flowers. There's this fantastic waterfall sorta thing in Seattle. It's "art", but in an area that is hard to photograph. I tried to do the fancy marshmallow water thing, you know when you leave the shutter open and it gets all flowy. Well that didn't work because it was too bright outside. But I wanted to capture the water somehow. This was all I got. I'm not giving up yet. I will find a way to capture it.

In other news, I have a date today. I started on a new online dating site and have tried to put my heart in it. It's not there yet but may be. I've not heard from, not do I expect to, the XXXCrush. The email I sent him was strictly selfish on my part to close the door on that "relationship" for me. I've been told he'd be a total cad if he doesn't respond, and he may, but I'm moving on. Which brings up the date. A former Cougar as myself...AND lived in the same dorm as I did during the same years I was there. Fate? Coincidence? So we shall see.

Dad has been in the hospital for several days now. I didn't want to put anything on the blog at first because it was too hard to think about. He's roller coastered between feeling good, and taking a dive. He's doing better today, and is pestering the doctors to let him out. When he gets sick like this it reminds me just how much I need my parents in my life. I can't lose them ever, and yet I know that one day they both will be gone. I'm just not ready for either of them to leave this world. There's still so much of my life they need to be a part of. So, good thoughts!

4 comments:

Ken La Salle said...

Great pictures, Jenn. I especially liked the "coffee market" one, as it looked completely surreal.

Sorry to hear about your dad. My dad's been doing poorly, too, so you can believe my hopes for yours are with you.

Unknown said...

Good thoughts for you and your dad. See you on Wednesday :)

Nicki said...

I hope your dad gets better soon, sweetie. He's in my thoughts and prayers.

And the pics are beautiful.

Melissa said...

I like the faces.

Get better soon, Dad!

I lost both of my parents way too soon.