Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead

Remember WAY back in February when I got hit by StupidBoy. Remember WAY back when I decided to be the “nicer” person and offered to not submit an insurance claim because StupidBoy SWORE he’d pay me the cost to fix the car, plus the cost for the rental car, plus take me to drop the car off, etc.

Fast forward to today. Yes 7 months since the promises were made.

I decided a couple of months ago to file a claim against him. It cost me $$ to get the paper work in order. Cost me $$ to get the letter certified and sent to him. Cost me $$ in taking time off work to do all these things. Then yesterday I get a letter in the mail from the court indicating there will be a $125 processing fee and that my court date, should I choose, will be in late October between 12pm and 4pm. So let me get the math right here. I fork out money to sue a guy who “promised” to pay me, not one but like 14 times, and the chance he’ll show up to court? Yah.

After looking at this very closely I’ve decided to drop the lawsuit. I have already gone so far beyond what I should have done. I've been nice for way too long and it's cost me. Time to put nice to bed and stop thinking this jack*ss will ever pay for the damage he's done. AND I trusted someone to do what they said they would. My naiveté. My bad.

I’m mad at myself for many reasons that I could spend hundreds of therapy dollars on, but suffice it to say, I’m mostly mad that I allowed myself to be suckered into believing a stranger. At the moment I decided that perhaps what the world needs is more trust. Why should I not trust this person I’ve never met before? He very well could be a man of his word. So I dropped the cynic cloak and donned a hope cloak and out of it I get no cloak. Stupid people!

Lesson Learned: If I am in the unfortunate situation in which I have been struck by another vehicle, dial 9-1-1 immediately. Do not pass go. Because you certainly won’t collect.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

I just sent StupidBoy some very, VERY unkind thoughts. I also gave him the Evil Eye. I'm part Sicilian. And when I give the Evil Eye it's VERY serious.

I am sorry he is such a jackass! I can totally understand why you trusted him, and he's even more of a jackass for taking advantage of that.

If I believed in karma, here's where I'd say something about karma. His karma. Not yours. Yours is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Couldn't you use your ins. co and have them go after him? Then he'd HAVE to pay. I think you'd get your deductible returned.

Jenn from WA said...

Lesley - Wow, pulling out the evil eye for me. I feel so loved. = )

FM - Yes, trying to be nice in this event was my undoing. Live and learn.

Anonymous - My ins co can't go after them because they had no insurance to begin with. Ain't it great? Bastards.