Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Well kids, FrogBoy1 did eventually get back to me and provided a relatively understandable excuse/reason. I've decided that I will give him one more chance. I did, however, explain to him that lateness isn't one of my favorite things. In fact, I'm notoriously early every where and I have yet to understand how people can be late ( side bar: "people" I mean those of us without children - kids tend to bend time). That aside, tardiness is one of those things that makes no sense...I mean you know when you have to be somewhere, it's not usually a shock. (Second sidebar: I do understand that sometimes you can't help it, but only sometimes). So all that aside, FrogBoy1 and I will try second date again. But its up to him.

In other fantastic news, my bro finished the 3-Day Cancer walk. I'm so very proud of him. He kicked ass. Here are a few photos of the event. Blueberry and I went down to cheer Bro past the finish line. We were there for about an hour before he got there and I gotta tell ya, my crying for the year is done. It was so amazingly emotionally. All these women, men and kids finishing 60 miles of walking. A lot of them were crying, which of course made us cry. Ugh. There were 2300 walkers total and each walker HAD to, at the minimum, raise $2200. Using my superhero math skills, that's um, 0, um, carry the one... $5,060,000. That's a buttload of cash that will help with research and potentially find a cure.

There was, I'll admit, a brief discussion about me and HikerGirl potentially training and walking in this. It sounds good now, but we'll see if I can dedicate myself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sis, Actual numbers are 2,362 walkers this year. We raised $6.4 million dollars so far. There is still the need to raise more money...........I am just shy of my next milestone $8,000.....even though we all know $10,000 would be even better.

Reader please donate at: (http://www.the3day.org/seattle07/ric_wraspir)

It meant a lot to have you and Cuz there.....thanks.

What an amazing experience.....am still wearing slippers to work (blisters)

Jenn from WA said...

Bro - You're not shy of your $8000 mark now. I just coughed up the remaining amount you needed. It was either that or food for a week. = ) Just joking.... anything for you bro.

Al & Jo said...

WOW----Children bonding! AMAZING! Just joking. Yes, we are proud of Ric as well..and Jenn, start training and walk with him next year. If you do, I will donate $1000 for EACH of you, Ric and you that is. SO go for it! And wow, does Ric ever look slim!

Nicki said...

That is so awesome of the both of you. To take time out from your day and bring awareness to a cause like that is truly selfless and you got points with The Big Guy on that one.

Can you imagine a day when people don't understand how serious cancer 'used to be'?