Friday, October 26, 2007

Eight Random Facts about Me. Moi. Yo.

I rarely do any of the meme's that come my way. Mostly because I generally have other stuff to bore you with. But today is different. It's a quiet day here in the office. Suddenly I find myself in cubeland all alone. Skippy and Pointed Hair boss are off a Geeksoft. PMDude is off on vacation today. Creed is ... well who knows where Creed is. And so I find I have a few minutes to spare for you ... my favorite reader.

1. I have an 8ball Vista gadget on my desktop. I use it daily to make critical Proj Mgmt decisions. That and I use it in conjunction with PMDude's Magic 8 Ball on his desk to make critical determination about how cool or uncool Skippy is.

2. I have a knack (some might call it an annoyance) of getting weird random songs stuck in my head. 9 times out of 10 I have no idea how they get there. There is that one rare time that I see something like a dog poster and suddenly "How Much is that Doggy in the Window" pops into my head. Immediately I try to change the topic and that's how "What's New Pussy Cat" gets stuck. Really, it does make sense in the Land of Jenn.

3. I like pens. For some reason, I have this need to have several pens around me. I buy pens all the time. As I am choosing my new pens I am sure they are going to make my handwriting like it was in the day I used to actually write things (read: back in college). Now, sitting at my desk, I count 10 pens in my pen cup. Who needs 10 pens? And since I've been at work today I've used 3 of those 10.

4. I have a ton of shoes and yet seem to wear the same two pair almost all the time. In the shoe closet the shoes are broken out into categories: Summer, FancyPants shoes, No More than 2 hour shoes (and preferable 2 hours of sitting), everyday shoes, shoes I'll never wear again, and a few pairs of tennis shoes. I go through my shoe closet on a regular basis with the intent of getting rid of a few pairs, especially the No More Than 2 Hour shoes (I think only the female readers of this blog get what that's about), and yet I can't part with them.

5. I loathe this time of year when elections are looming. I hate political commercials, and I hate all the political mud slinging that goes on with it. I get so tired of the He said/she said crap that I frequently don't want to vote at all. I, however, do vote because I'm convinced my vote does still count. I am going to start NOT voting for people who are currently in office in the great state of Washington, because they all SUCK.

6. I have a somewhat irrational fear of death. I say "somewhat" irrational because I think there are a lot of people afraid of dying. I have had moments when I think about how little time I might have left on this earth and I get all panicky about it. The good side is it forces me to make sure I'm living each day. The negative is I HATE that panic feeling.

7. I get addicted to TV series. For example, a recommendation came in to me to watch Gilmore Girls. I put them in my Netflix and then spent the next several weeks, freakishly, watching all the seasons. I did it with Angel, Buffy, Six Feet Under and a few others. I see that my addictive personality takes over and I can't wait to get through the series. Just finished Supernatural last night (though admittedly I had been watching it during the season).

8. I can't wink both my eyes separately. While I can roll my tongue (not a useful trick at all), I can't for the life of me, wink both my eyes separately. It drives me batty when people can and I try so hard, but can't. My mind's eye isn't apparently attached to my right eye as it won't allow it to wink separately. It's a defect. And I'd like my money back now.

There...took me 3 hours to think of 8 things, but I did it. If you feel so inclined to do this meme please do. The big news is, of course, tomorrow night is the big night. DMQ Spooktacular. So stayed tune for the top 10 worst songs. The fear factor of the top 100 is not just how many I actually know, but how many are on my iPod.

2 comments:

Nicki said...

1. I used to have an 8ball keychain. AWESOME, until the blue crap inside started leaking all over my white shorts and I couldn't figure out what it was.

2. Somebody sent me the youtube link to "Strokin'" last night. Now all I can think is, "I stroke it to the east, and I stroke it to the west..."

3. I used to have a pen fetish where I liked fat, heavy pens, and lots of them. Now I stick with ONE pen, and get pissed as hell when someone tries to walk off with it.

4. Shoes you'll never wear again. GOODWILL, woman!! Make more room for new ones!!

5. I vote, too, and lie to my boss about who I vote for. I tell him, "Republican. Straight down the line." I don't feel like his crap about how my real choices are wrong.

6. I do the whole, "I'm another breath closer to death" thing, but have to stop.

7. Woman, watch Freaks and Geeks. It's only one season, but it's freaking AWESOME. Plus, it has James Franco in it - puurrrrrr.

8. I not only can wink my eyes separately, but I have the eyebrows I can move all over the place. It's such an awesome skill.

Al & Jo said...

Okay Apple....6 out of 8 isn't bad. #1 and 8 are different however...those must be from you DAD! LOL