Friday, October 12, 2007

38, 24, 2

No not my high school locker combination. But all my birthday ages. Yes, I have three birthdays. Don’t you?

38 is my actual age. I’m not happy about being 38 and less happy about being 39 in a couple of months. And don’t even get me started on the 40 that’s coming. I’ve not even begun to save for DMQ to play at my party of 1 + 5 band boys. OOO la la….

Ahem….

24 is the number of years old I am according to my dad. He adopted me 25 years ago (if you ask him he only married mom because he wanted me as his daughter). Every year after the adoption we celebrate my “birthday”. Every year I get a gift. My first year I got diapers, a bib and a sippy cup. Last year this kick ass, beautiful teddy bear.

And 2. Two would be the number of years, officially today, that I’ve had a blog. TWO FREAKIN YEARS. When I look back to starting the blog, I was sure I’d not have anything to ever say. And here I am 2 years later spouting off still. In that two years, we’ve seen the blog grow from … well… it really hasn’t grown. It’s still the same drivel it’s always been. And I can’t even say its more mature. My blog. My rules (Courtesy of Patron Saint) has been my motto.

I decided to google to find out what “anniversary” this would be, and according to the interweb it’s the Cotton anniversary (too bad it’s not the wood one. I can think of so many jokes for wood). Cotton has also been known as a symbol of great prosperity. Maybe this means my third year will be prosperous. Or my second year was and I missed it. Dagnabit!

Two years ago I was still working at the Cat Shack and hating every minute. Now I’m loving my job, despite Skippy joining the team. Thank god I have PMDude here to keep me sane

Two years ago I was still single. I’m still single, but more okay with it. And happier in my own skin then ever before.

Two years ago I was driving a VW GTI. Now I’m driving the stangoooo aaaaahhhhh

Some Blog stats for those who like such things: 431 posts / 26,031 hits in two years.

As I reread some of my blog entries I’m struck with this notion that my life is an open book. Whether it’s a good book or bad, I don’t know. I like where it is now and like the fact that I am writing more and more chapters each day – in my life book that is. Well, and the blog. But you get what I mean.

Speaking of chapters, a lot on tap for this weekend.

Tonight is massage night with Chicken Lady. She celebrated a birthday yesterday so a big shout out to her. Happy Birthday Chicken Lady! You don’t look a day over 29.

Saturday night is the annual Pumpkin Carving party. Last year’s party I had a bit of a hangover due to the large amounts of wine I consumed. This year, more people will be attending AND I’m making some Halloween Cocktails that will surely kick my butt into a hangover. The menu this year, I believe, is top shelf. Balsamic marinade flank steak, Swiss potatoes (a take on au gratin potatoes but better), Warm bacon vinaigrette spinach salad, Sugar glazed roasted carrots and Mom’s famous Apple Crisp (once I get the recipe). Mmmm, I’m hungry now.

Sunday is an all day scrapping party at my house. It’s fall. The weather is changing, which means activities come indoors. So why not do a little scrapbooking. I’ll be working mostly on my Christmas cards. I already have all the envelops addressed and ready to go. I have 1.5 of the card stuff ready to go … Now I just need the time. Sunday is the day. Though if the mood strikes me I might work on *gasp* the UK trip. Or *gasp* the DC trip. Hard to say what I will fancy. I do know I’ll be making Spaghetti and Meatball Stoup.

0 comments: