Sunday, October 28, 2007

Flamingo Gone Wild

Oh my goodness, what a night. The flamingo costume was quite the success. I was the talk of the show...A ton of comments from several admirers, some folks wanted the name of my designer and or where they could buy the costume. Whodathunk that the MomUnit could be a famous designer. She's said no to this awesome opportunity due to some blindness issue. Whatever. But here's the gang for last night. Cat = Julie Washburn (a galpal from my Geeksoft days), Me (of course), HikerGirl (Runaway Bride - or whatever people guessed), and Mark and Vanessa Levine (50's couple).

The show was fantastic. This year's top 10 Worst songs were in fact BAD. Unfortunately I can't remember one of the 10, but I assure you it was bad. But the most important thing that you need to know is this Flamingo WON A PRIZE. Yes, that's right my flamingo fans, I won!! I've been going to this show since 1999 and have never won a prize. But then again, I've never dressed up either, which might have something to do with it. But this year, my favorite lead guitarist chose me to win the prize. My prize, why the Lost in Love album by Air Supply. And I think it's only important that you, my dear readers, know that I actually OWNED this album when it first came out. Oh man, I could belt out All out of Love with the best of them. How could Air Supply go out of style? I mean really, just look at those hot boys.

So you wanna know what songs made the top 10? I'll make you wait no more.

The "guest" band this year was The Cure. (Which will explain why they are all in dark wigs in the videos below) I'm not a huge Cure fan so I had no idea who they were when they came out. I recognized the second song they sang Boys Don't Cry, but otherwise I had no idea who they were. But alas, they still were fun and now after watching a Cure video they did a pretty good job of dressing up like them.

Top 10 Worst Songs for 2007

10. 500 Miles - The Proclaimers
9. Sail Away - Styx
8. Rain Drops Keep Falling on my Head - BJ Thomas(by the way, if you check out this video, check out the ears on this guy)
7. Safety Dance - Men Without Hats
6. Sexy Back - Justin Timberlake
Or if you want to see the DMQ boys do it...





5. I'm too Sexy - Right Said Fred
4. Young Girl - Gary Puckett and the Union Gap
3. Mickey - Toni Basil (And for a special treat, this video is with the Solid Gold Dancers. If you don't know who the Solid Gold dancers are....shut it. )

2. Informer - Snow
And the number one worst song:



That's right - Oh Sherry from Journey was the number one song. Hilarious to me. Especially since Blueberry (aka Sherrie) wasn't there at the show and she hates that song, for obvious reasons.


It also seems that several people thought I was Dame Edna. Now, not knowing who that was I needed to google her/him today to see just why people thought this. And I gotta say, wow...I did kinda look like Dame Edna. The end result was I was one kick ass Flamingo and H.O.T. Hot. The bad side of the flamino suit was the heat. Man, it was hot will all those feathers. The beak made it very difficult to drink, so the beak wasn't on for most the night, but I would say it definitely made the costume more obvious.














6 comments:

Melissa said...

LOL great costume! Love the Dame Edna bit too :-)

I'm afraid to say that I still have that Air Supply album, even if I don't have anything to play it on.

Teaux said...

Glad to see all the careful planning and preparation paid off. You've once again demonstrated the value of PMing. Too bad it took so much pink to get the point across.

Anonymous said...

From one who knows a little about birds... the beak completed it! You deserve the prize. Now I can't get All out of Love out of my head. Thanks for that. (not)

Nicki said...

You look freaking AWESOME!!!

And they are so WRONG about Oh Mickey!!! And it should be "Oh Nicki" I because I'm so fine, I'm so fine I blow your mind.

Seriously, though... That costume? MOM ROCKS!!

Lesley said...

So you're wearing the costume all day today, right? It is such a fabulous costume. I am jealous!

Once again I am horrified at the number of songs on the list that are actually ones that I secretly love and sing along with in the car. Not sure what that says about me...

Jenn from WA said...

Solje - I sooooo had the album...and have TWO songs from it on my iPod.

Teaux - You should were the flamingo dillybobbers on your desk. They'd look Hot. No one would laugh at you...really.

ChickenLady - "i'm so lost without you. I know you were right..." yah me neither.

FM - The house went crazy with Oh Mickey. The pompoms they had might have also made the house go crazy...and yes Mom does in fact rock.

Lesley - Sadly, no. No costume here at work today. Not brave enough to deal with the ridicule that would surely take place for days, months, years.