Friday, October 05, 2007

Hi.

Remember me?

I'm your friendly, neighborhood, pink wig wearing, flamingo toting blogger.

I've been back in Seattle since LATE Tuesday night and can't help but feel I've been in a whirlwind of activity, and yet don't feel like I've accomplished a darn thing.

I was greeted, as expected, by a very vocal, and not too happy cat who had more than enough to tell me Tuesday night (read: Early Wednesday morning like 2AM). He didn't stop for almost 45 minutes. And I think he only stopped because I duct taped his mouth. Okay, I didn't. But I thought about it and even looked for tape.

I'm still trying to unbury myself at work. I at least have read all the emails and am EVER so thankful to a few PM type folks who did some of my work whilst (that's British for while) I was gone. I've been handed a few more projects and two more events to plan. Oh goody!

While I was a way, a new member joined our illustrious team here. PMDude and I have already named him. Well, PMDude named him whilst I was gone, and I seconded it upon my return. Skippy. Yes, his name is Skippy. He's a young buck who seems to think he knows everything. PMDude and I met with him yesterday to discuss what we, the PMs, do and how we, the PMs, would work with him. I'm sure he learned nothing because he couldn't keep his trap shut long enough to actually listen to what we were saying. Skippy also has this annoying habit of talking...All. The. Time. He possesses no filter that stops his mouth from saying what crosses his mind. He's dropped f-bombs and complained about his "stupid computer" (which by the way is a brand new laptop). It just goes on and on on.

I'm telling you about Skippy, or rather warn you, because the pot is boiling. It will take every ounce of my being to not squish his little Know It All Pea brain between my experienced PM fingers. Its just a matter of time before Skippy goes too far and I will be forced then to be very unlady like. It won't be pretty. So stay tuned.

In other, and in my opinion, more important news, I fell asleep last night trying to make up a limerick about my flamingo costume. The MomUnit finished it, is blind because of it, and brought it to DC at which time I tried it on immediately upon entering the hotel room. It's hot. H.O.T. Hot. No I mean, it's going to be really warm. So with the poncho o'feathers as I call it, my flamingo ensemble is complete. I'll try to put it all together and take a photo this weekend.

Speaking of photos, all DC photos will be processed and posted to flickr this weekend too. I have ot fit that around catching up on all the damn TV I've taped, two dates with FrogBoy1, meeting up with HikerGirl, potentially meeting up with another old friend, cleaning the apt, AND doing my WIP reports for work. There just isn't enough weekend here...I think I need 4 days.

The Stang goes in today to be beautified. It's getting beautiful hightlights on its windows. Or as some call it, tinting. (I got beautiful highlights last night at the salon ... ). Can't wait to have tinted windows. I can make faces at passing people and they won't even know. Or sing and they won't think I'm crazy. Yay.

Have a good weekend all my avid readers - Toodles

3 comments:

Nicki said...

Yay on the costume!! Boo on Skippy. Yay on two dates with FrogBoy1!! Boo on duct-taping kitty's mouth. Yay on highlights all around!! Boo on making faces. Well, not as long as they're not at me.

Ken La Salle said...

Jenn,

In reference to Skippy, and to steal outright from Douglas Adams, maybe he keeps talking because he knows that, were he to stop, his brain might begin to work.

Scribbler said...

Whilst is English. Just so you know. Also, whilst on the subject (see what I did there) we know the difference between wonder and wander. Not everyone does.

I am posting this from Spain. It's weird reading the instructions to posting a reply in Spanish (I guess Google senses I am in Spain. Clever? Not so clever, actually, because I am an Englishman on holiday).

I await further info regarding Skippy. Sounds like he has a form of technological tourette's.