Saturday, March 29, 2008

Supinating Pronating Beast

Yes mam, that would be me. I'm a super-pronating BEAST! Or at least my shoes are.

This morning was the first of the Expo's for the 3Day. Super Jock&Jill (my new favorite store) had a shoe expo in which they chatted about feet, supinating, pronating etc. Did you know that everyone supinates and pronates? It's just a matter of to what degree. I was pleasantly surprised to find out, officially, that I'm "average". And that in this rare case you don't want to be above average. Yay me!

Two hours later and $165 I walked out of Super Jock&Jill with ONE more pair of kickass shoes, two pairs of kick ass socks, a blister pack, and a tube of Nuun. The shoes purchased were the second runner up when I bought the last shoes. They are ubber support, almost like walking in ski boots, and oh so comfy. They are Brook's - like the first pair - and are called Beast. Yes, that's right. Because I'm a walking BEAST in them. I got an extra discount on mine because they were "last year's model" - and mine are highlighter green. Oh and I should mention that mine are actually a woman's shoe. And being a feminine shoe Brook's decided Beast was too manly apparently and so call the woman's version Ariel. But see, that's just doesn't strike fear in the pavement like BEAST does. GRRRR!

Oh sweet mama that shoe is awesome. After the Jock&Jill experience, Blueberry and I pondered whether to walk or not. See, lucky Seattle has been hit by a "Spring Snowstorm." Yes, you read that correctly, it's snowing. Snow fell yesterday for about 2 hours. Didn't really stick though - thank god - or the Stang and I would have headed home early. Today it was butt cold. And if you're wondering how cold is butt cold, well, let's just say for us Seattle types, it was cold. And so Blue and I debated. But since we both had new shoes on - or at least I was wearing the BEAST - we decided a quick trip around Greenlake wouldn't be bad, and after that we'd decide. I shivered my way around and then pulled the pansy card, and said, "Let's do lunch."

Tomorrow though is supposed to be nicer. We plan on 10 miles tomorrow weather permitting. Neither one of us want to walk in the wet, icky, cold weather. Though even as I type this it's snowing outside, so who knows.

Tomorrow is also PhotoSafari day. Though non of my co-safari-ites are going to join me in this great adventure. This month's "theme" is night time. Little hard in the northwest since it gets dark later now, but I'll manage. Again, weather permitting, I'm heading to a bridge that overlooks one of our major freeways and will test my skill at fast moving cars and streaking lights. And maybe I'll throw in a few snowflakes for fun.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being average!

Super Jock and Jill is awesome, and patient, too. One of the great things of buying a shoe there is if it doesn't work out for some reason (like: it aggravates hallux rigidus), you can return it for a reasonable refund or credit to another shoe.