Friday, June 27, 2008

Look all around, there's nothin' but blue skies

Hello my lovelies. Miss me? I've been ever so (read: not) busy that I've just simply not had time to sit and blog. Oh, okay. You got me. I've not been busy. I've just been lost in depression of a certain band who's determined to ruin my stalk reputation.

Shortly after posting that said band has unceremoniously fired their lead singer (who I had a wee crush on) I determine then I must focus my "crush" energy on another member of the band. But who? Who will be the lucky lad? I decide the lead guitarist. He seems the friendliest and the one I've actually spoke words too instead of drooling and babbling over. So there. Decision made. THEN I find out he got married. My life has been in a tailspin ever since. I have no place to focus the jenn crush energy. It's just hanging above me like a depressed grey cloud.

But here it is Friday. The skies are clear and blue. The sun is shining. It's damn hot outside and promises to get hotter this weekend, so I can't even manage a depressed feeling in my body.

Yay!

This week has been s-l-o-w at work. Things are winding down for the end of fiscal year at the large software company we support, so things for us are slow. Which for the "Miss Organization" personality to finally make an appearance. So this week I've been cleaning out files, updating much needed project plans (note: not project schedules. Everyone calls project schedules "plans" and it bugs the sh*t out of me), filing, deleting emails, etc. Overall quite productive. None of it chargeable, but productive.

This weekend is the half marathon. Funny, I wasn't at all worried about this 13 mile trek through the streets of Bellevue - across on of our famous floating bridges - and ending at Husky Stadium - UNTIL....I saw the weather report. Oh my giddy aunt. It's going to be 90 flippin' degrees on Sunday. You laugh! But 90 while sitting by a pool sipping a beverage is just great. 90 walking 13 miles isn't so great. If you recall, last time I walked in such weather I almost killed myself by not hydrating enough. So yes, I learned from that stupid mistake. I've been pounding water for two days now. AND I plan on carbing up Saturday night. The plan is to hit the pavement fast and hard for the first 6 or so miles. Then we can slow down some once we change our sockey-s and walk on home. Blueberry will be walking with me. BeagleBabe got a new job and stopped training so I was left to walk alone...then I thought Blue - who had to walk this weekend anyhow - would want to do it. Indeed she did.

But before I go, I've been remiss in sending out a few shout outs to recent donors. I'm at $3,400 - if you can believe it! None of it would be possible without several folks who read this blog.

So....

PM GODDESS! Thanks! I promise next time your in town to take you for a cosmo.

Ritzeville Rita! God Bless. It wa not only GREAT to see you and your family, but thank you soooo much for your donation.

Wish me luck. And HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!

0 comments: