Thursday, June 05, 2008

That's a whole new stack of Monkeys

So the show is moving along. Nothing overly exciting to speak of other than my feet hurt. Which is really nothing new. Tradeshows are fun to me - mostly - but this one seems to be dull dull dull. The participants aren't really the folks we need to be talking to for our service, as they aren't decision makers. But we're talking anyhow and have found some great leads that will hopefully pay for us being down her drinking.

One thing I can say about Geeksoft tradeshows is they sure know how to do them up right. The after hour parties are so much fun. We had two such parties we had to attend last night. Yes I said "had" to. What? They twisted my arm. I, being the good workaholic, wanted to stay in my room and respond to the hundreds of emails that have now managed to clog my inbox, but noooo they demanded I go out. So what's a girl to do? I had to oblige.

We started at TGIFriday's for a team we've done work with. UK Bloke #1, The Pointed Head Boss and I sat in a room full of architects and ate appetizers and drank beer. Not so exciting. We mingled and ran into our "client" who promptly dismissed us and moved on to another group of folks. So we headed out to party #2 - which proved to be much more exciting.

UK Bloke #2 and Creed met us at this club. The bar was open - free drinks, the food was passed by staff, the music was pumping, and it was freaking hotter than hell outside. But we didn't seem to care. The bar tender at the bar we planted our selves at -which at first didn't make sense to me that we'd sit there - until I saw the "girls". Yah, I asked each man that was with us if they could tell me the color of this chicks eyes. The blank stares I got back were priceless. This girl was L.O.A.D.E.D with some big guns. Not real of course, but UK Bloke #2 - mid 20's - didn't care at all. But this bar tender said to me when I ordered my cosmopolitan "I make mine with cranberry juice - is that okay?" Erm....cosmos have cranberry juice in every single one I've tasted. But whatever. I said sure I sure I'd try something new. "Amber" (that's what I called her because I was sure if we put a poll in the middle of the bar she'd hop on it and show us her "other" talent.) dropped a drink in front of me that was weak but tasty.

Speaking of Amber, the best quote of the night came from Creed. Amber dropped by and asked how we liked the food. I told her to help herself to a nibble (which got laughs from UK Bloke #2) and she responded by saying if she ate that piece of chicken that we'd see her stomach in this tight shirt she was wearing. Creed pipes up and says, "Honey, it's not your stomach these guys are looking at." Classic.

So why a whole new stack of monkeys? Well, the most annoying and most popular give away at the show thus far are these freaking flying monkeys. I've got two now to bring back and annoy Sales with. If you click on the link you'll see how annoying the sound is.

Well, I'm off to another fun filled day of standing, looking gorgeous in a 10X10 booth. Later I'll chat about the "Booth Babes" next door.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got to get a monkey!!!! Who is handing them out?