Thursday, June 12, 2008

S.H.I.T Day - Sure Happy It's Thursday!

So today is going relatively well. I've only wanted to kill a certain co-worker twice. Thankfully he's off at training at this minute or I'd likely be being hauled away in handcuffs for assault! And no, it's not Skippy - for a change.

Patron Saint has a meme tag on her blog and I thought it would be fun to do.

1) What were you doing 10 years ago?
I can barely remember what I did yesterday, so 10 years is going to be a struggle. Let's see that would make it 1998, right? That means about this time I was getting riffed (laid-off / fired depending on who you ask) at Geeksoft and sitting alone in my apt wondering if McDonald's was hiring. That was a sucky summer. My self-esteem was in the toilet, I had a horrible roommate that I just moved in with, and I was quickly going to be broke. BUT, shortly following my pity party I was hired as a contract employee back at Geeksoft. AND I think that was when I met one of the Mike's in my life that I was then attracted to and destined to have a broken heart over. Good times. I'm glad that's over.

2) What are 5 things on your to-do list today?
Only 5, hmmm. Well, getting up and getting to work wasn't really on my "list" of things to do today, but I feel very accomplished that I did in fact make it in. Other items include: writing 2 project plans (my favorite), completing my already late month end report (another "oh joy" favorite), attempting to build a project schedule in an almost impossible timeframe, and have lunch. I should mention that on my daily list is "go to Starbucks" and that one I can say has been checked off.

3) List some snacks you enjoy:
Does coffee count as a "snack"? If not, I love pretzels. Low in fat, high in sodium usually. I do like to get my not so good for me snacks on too. I'd like to change that, but have been bad at planning. My snack food mostly consists of chip like items, with a few, very few, vegetables mixed in.

4) What would you do with a billion dollars?
Wow. A billion dollars. I'd definitely quit my job. And I'd definitely travel. Perhaps even purchasing my very own airplane so I could travel in style. I think I'd pay the ParentalUnits back any "so called" money I still owe them. I'd buy a house, well, and a hanger to house the plan in. Realistically, if I had money that I could toss to the wind, I'd seriously consider opening a coffee shop on some trendy street here in Seattle. Oooo and I'd buy real Prada hand bags. I might even donate a few million to my favorite charities.

5) List the places you have lived:
You'd better go get a snack. It might be easier to list where I haven't lived.
Houston, TX
Albuquerque, NM
Minot, ND
Trenton, NJ (I think Trenton - I was too young to really know)
Great Falls, MT
Lancaster, CA
Lugano Switzerland
Guadalajara Mexico
Riyadh Saudi Arabia
Pullman, WA
Kirkland, WA
Renton, WA - couple different times/places
Kent, WA
Bellevue, WA - couple different times/places
Redmond, WA
And most recently, Lynnwood, WA

6) List the jobs you've had:
Barista, house cleaner, secretary, marketing coordinator, assistant account manager, resource coordinator, deli clerk (college), front desk receptionist (college), scrapbook store sales person (two different stores), international customer service, subsidiary liaison, customer experience manager, program administrator, channel mgmt project manager, and finally Project Management Goddess! I think I need to retire.

okay, now back to being a PM Goddess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your job titles got longer as you listed them. You better win that billion $ before they get too long.

Al & Jo said...

On #5 you missed: Azusa, CA; Fairfield, CA; Suisun, CA!!!!