Sunday, June 22, 2008

Whole Lot of Naked Going On

This weekend, so far, has been a good one. I so needed a fun weekend.

Friday night, Saving Second Base walked 7ish miles. I need to get back caught up with the team who managed to walk 36 miles in one weekend without me. Which is good for them because I would have definitely held them back considering my foot "issue". So yay team. Fundraising wise, we raised our team goal to $15,000 and I have no doubt we'll make it. Blueberry was rather excited on Friday because she finally passed me in fundraising. She's around $3500, I'm around $3400 and BigBro (who will surpass us both I'm sure) $2700. Blue and BigBro walked in the Race for the Cure yesterday. It's a meesley 5K walk - but took them about 2 hours because of all the people.

Why wasn't I walking? Well its two fold. One, I get all anxious around large crowds of people and the walk goes across a very scary viaduct that I'm sure is going to collapse while walking.

Instead myself and a companion from the PhotoGods - Mr. Volleyball, went to the Seattle Solstice parade for our monthly photography adventure. We were planning sunsets lighting this month, but in Seattle the sun doesn't actually set until 9:30 ish. Too late for this girl. So Mr. Volleyball and I decided the parade was a an excellent opportunity to photograph people.

This parade is legendary in Seattle. Historically, its a naked parade. It allows all types to display themselves if so desired. Most naked is painted though so it's not as scary as one might think. In fact their website describes it the best: "unparalleled demonstration of free speech, creativity, art and community, we cast a spell of joy, hope and rebirth that spreads from Fremont to the entire universe." But let me tell you, birthday suits for some should stay well hung in the closet.

I took some fantastic photos. I not very good at taking people photos because I frequently feel like I'm intruding on them. But with a 200mm lens it helped me take photos from afar. Well, that and most people want their photo taken at this parade. Check out all my photos by clicking here. They do not disappoint I guarantee. But never fear, hear are a couple of my favorites.

This little player thing was just sitting there asking to have it's picture taken. I really like the way this one turned out. I'd like to say it was planned, but I think this one was one of those "quick" shots.I took several photos of this guy from the front, but I remembered a trick from my days in Europe where you were taught to always look up to see the masterpiece. I figured the fronts of a lot of these people were spectacular, but their backs could be as well. This one, like the other, really was an accident. He was sitting under a tree and the lighting turned out just perfect.



This little clown was just a happy little guy. He had a flower pin on him that shot water and he thought it was just hilarious. Mr. Volleyball asked this little guy to shoot off his pin again and he was all too willing.

It's the Incredible Hulk


And Mr. Blue Jeans!

So check out the rest. It's a collection of photos I'm very proud of.

Then last night I finally got to the theater, forked over one arm and one leg, and got to see Sex in the City. Oh.My.God Mr. Big is all that and a slice of bread. Despite his assh*leness...he's a hunk and a half.

I've managed to come down with one fantastic cold. I hate being sick. It slows me down. And this coming week I get to see my boys ... finally. And cold or not, I will not miss this concert. It is on a school night so I hope I can stay awake.

2 comments:

Blueberry said...

The incredible Hulk doesn't look so "incredible......and Mr. Bluejeans has a "tool" in his overalls..............(LOL)

The kid pic is great!

Anonymous said...

How come Mr. Blue jeans isn't sitting on his seat?
I wanted to go, but once again didn't make it. Seeing your pictures makes me wonder if it was a good thing I didn't go - or if I missed out.