Saturday, January 01, 2011

1.1.11

Hard to believe it's 2011.  We've completed the first decade of the new millennium. Oy vei!

I spent last night with my BFF Blueberry.  We kept it quiet and just hung out and had "BFF" type of talks.  I made a beef pot pie that was out of this world...surprising since I didn't have a recipe.  Turns out pot pie is pretty easy. 

Part of my goal last night was to finalize my goals for the new year. I'm not a big "resolution" type of girl, but more a "theme" type of girl.  This year is all about 21 New Things, financial freedom, and personal development.  In the  next couple of days I'll be discussing about my goals and my plan to accomplish them, but for now suffice it to say, it's going to be a GREAT year.

As part of my new plan, I decided to do a post mortem on the last year. What was good, and what was bad.  I recently read an article about doing an annual review when you're doing your goals. By doing that you can sometimes find clarity in what your new goals should be.  The author suggested coming up with 6 good and 6 bad.

Let's see what I've got.

What was good:
1. I have a job I love
2. I got fired.
3. I have been very aware of my financial standing and have followed my plan closely
4. Sunday dinners
5. Live.Laugh.Love Photography
6. Development of some personal relationship that needed some love and care.

What was bad:
1. I got fired. I know I listed is a good too and I meant that on purpose.  It really was a good, as well as a bad.  Had it not happen I wouldn't be where I am today.  I wouldn't have had to do some serious contemplation about my career and what I wanted to do. As bad as it was, it wasn't horrible and has turned out okay.
2. Lack of exercise.
3. Debt
4.

I can't come up with 6 bad. Isn't that interesting?  Turns out I had a pretty good year. Despite some serious attempts to make it suck.

I found why I was coming up with the bad - which was the first list I started to make - that as I came up with bad, I came up with a counter good, then more goods, then more.  Huh!

So I welcome 2011.  Show me what you've got.  I'm ready for you!

0 comments: