Sunday, January 30, 2011

So you wanna see what I did in Tucson....

I'm finally feeling up enough to actually look at my photos and fix the ones that are "fixable."  I had an interesting issue this trip that I don't usually have too often in the great Northwest. I had harsh sun.  That's right.  Too much sun does a bad photo make.  I have horrible, distracting shadows everywhere...but it was still better (despite getting sick) than being at home in the rain.

As I no doubt mentioned in my sick haze of a post the other day, the MomUnit and I took off to see the memorials of the Tucson shootings.  It was humbling to be amongst so many well wishes and prayers for the families for the one's who passed, as well as for the survivors.

The front lawn area of UMC.  This is about two weeks after the shootings. They had already removed over 500 stuffed animals and donated them. As I shot these photos, there were still people bring flowers and signs.

The patriotism that comes out of these horrific events almost always moves me.

Even the young at heart get involved.


This one was taken at the Safeway where this event transpired.  I've always loved the song "Imagine", and only in an environment like this one do the lyrics really hit home to me.

Now let the healing begin...

0 comments: