Monday, January 17, 2011

Never on a Monday...a Monday...a Monday...

Wow, it's Monday already. And what a Monday it's gonna be. Makes me want to drive my 3.2 miles home, change into my flannel pjs, hop into bed, throw the covers over my head and not come out until Thursday.

We had one hellevua wind storm last night. I felt like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz.  "There's no place like home...." I have a screen on my front window that I was sure was going to jiggle loose and take flight. I noticed this morning its a bit more waggled than it had been.

I bought a new printer table (actually it's a microwave stand, but whatever) through the mail. And can I just say, "You get what you pay for." It had been in this catalog for $80 then it went on sale, free shipping and $40. I can't pass that up. It has shelves on it so it could house my scanner and  my new Silhouette tool. Yesterday I put the thing together...and I swear it feels like a house of cards. I wanted something studier than the desk I had it on...and I think I went backwards instead of forwards on the "sturdy meter".

Got a call from Blueberry last night. She spent the day in the emergency room. Silly girl took her niece and nephew ice skating, fell and broke her left wrist. Blueberry's left handed. This should be interesting.

In other news, I'm heading to Tucson this coming weekend. The MomUnit is telling me the weather is going to be cold. Which, frankly, I don't care, as long as it's sunny. And cold Tucson is Spring Seattle sometimes.  I'd like to go by the Safeway the shootings happened and see the memorial that's growing there. I love to see the outpouring of support when tragedies happen. After 9/11 in West Seattle, the small version of the Statue of Liberty was COVERED with flowers, candles, signs, balloons, etc. It was a sight to be seen. It really made you pause and think about how life is fleeting.

And on that note, I'm going to get work done today. Oh and I'm 16 for 16 on the Project365.

0 comments: