Monday, October 24, 2011

Whoa What A Weekend!

Since I last wrote I've been fighting The Sicks. I think I have a handle on them now and am winning the battle. I'm at the glorious stage of The Cough.  You know that stage, when you feel like you have to cough, and you do, but it's dry and annoying and after a while it starts to actually hurt.  I've coughed so hard recently I think I cracked a rib. Argh!

The weekend was a flurry of stuff. I had scheduled several things late last week and into the weekend. Sadly The Sicks made me miss several fun things, and I'm convinced it was for the good.

Saturday Seattle SIL hosted another All Day Scrap to fundraise for 2012 3Day walk.  She had a good number of people there again too.  I had managed to get my act together earlier in the week and last weekend to "stage" pages so I didn't have to bring my entire room with me.  Still it looks like I brought everything by the kitchen sink.

This is what my scrap station normally looks like. There are a few items that aren't always there - the pistachios and the half eaten cookie for example. Though you could fill in that space with any other given snack item.

Other important items always around is the diet coke (or Starbucks. Or Diet Coke in the Starbucks container as shown here.) Always a gaggle of embellishment items. Always a cutter, scissors, adhesive, photos, etc.  Puck even made an appearance...if you can find him among the crap stuff.

This is Seattle SIL and Blueberry getting down to business.  Its a rare photo of both of them at their table and not meandering chatting up some other scrapper or causing a ruckus in general. Notice how clean and neat their station is. I'm convinced that's a sign of a very unorganized scrapbooker.

This is Amy and Princess Lori. Princess Lori is our "Distractor". When she shows up she has to hob-nob with everyone and see what they're working on and then chat them up a bit more after that.  We have to separate her and Blueberry or else they'll get nothing done and complain about it.

Ahh Puck.  Resting his weary plastic feathers ... dreaming of the day he'll actually be in a scrapbook.

Sunday the PhotoGods went out and shot photos at Kubota Japanese Garden (They have a horrible website - but the gardens are beautiful). I wasn't feeling really great so I shot very few photos. You can check them all here if you're interested.  There are some pretty good ones despite me feeling icky.

0 comments: