Friday, July 06, 2007

Off to the Land of Eng

Passport - Check!
Airline ticket - Check!
Sleeping aids - Check!
Vitamins - Check!
Cat sitter who can tolerate a loud mouth cat - Check!
Emergency contact numbers handed over to overly concerned mom - Check!
Walking shoes for experience England on foot - Check!
Camera: tested and all batteries fully charged - Check!
Converts for weird UK electric outlets - Check!
Suitable clothing for VERY wet weather - Check!
Bumpershoot - Check!
Suitable shoes - um er um - half a Check!
All terrorists out of the UK - In progress!
Convert real money to monopoly money (aka GBP) - Check!
Post blog letting everyone know to "watch this space" for UK adventures - Check!

Cheeri - O everyone. I'm off tomorrow to the land of Eng. I will be posting updates and photos so be sure to check in every now and then. I'm under a strict confidentiality agreement with the Queen to not 1) let people know when we're lunching and 2) to not take photos of me having lunch with her. I told her you all would understand. She did mention William might join us as he's an avid reader and feels obliged to meet the one and only St. Jenn of the Blessed Sarcasm. I'll do what I can to keep my grubby little paws off him, but it'll be hard. I promise nothing. Though I do doubt I'd be able to blog from prison, so perchance I'll behave.

And so I bid you farewell in the language of the home land: Cheers! But before I do, I leave you with these photos. Just in case you need to see what I'll hopefully be seeing before I actually see it.

Big Ben

Buckingham Palace

Windsor Castle

Tower of London

4 comments:

Al & Jo said...

Have a wonderful trip and be careful. Say hello to the Queen for me.

Anandi said...

Have fun! Give the Queen's Corgis a rub behind the ears for me. Let's plan for Happy Hour or dinner when you get back!

Nicki said...

Have a wonderful, safe trip. We want you back in one piece with lots of stories to tell!

Anonymous said...

Safe trip with lots of good pics!

XOXO

Mike.