Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy 5th of July

Since I didn't post yesterday, I can't exactly say Happy 4th of July - or Happy Independence Day (I find it amusing that our UK counterparts call it "Good Riddance Day").

I did get the camera out to take photos. I didn't take the tripod out, and half way through I wish I had. Camera shake did provide some interesting shots though.


The one below, in particular, I like. It reminds me of my favorite flower, the daisy.

Last year Mike, Nancy and I took ourselves to Bellevue to witness their display. On our way home we couldn't get to my apartment because the main street was blocked off. Come to find out they did massive fireworks in my backyard. So, this year, I stayed home with the fam. Mom and I walked out to my front lawn (okay, it doesn't really belong to me, it belongs to the apt complex) and watched The Hood ( Lynnwood ) Spectacular Fireworks Display. By all accounts it was quite good.

The parental units are leaving today for Alaska to get me fresh Salmon and fresh Halibut. I've told them that they can ship the fish to me and I'll "save" it for them. Scouts Honor!

And I leave you with this...a VERY annoyed Pookie. I've had the camera down to his level for days now, nad I think he's about done being a model.

1 comments:

Nicki said...

That is a beautiful cat. And I can never take firework pictures. They always come out crappy. You make me look like a 5 year old with my camera.