Friday, July 20, 2007

"Surely you can't be serious.I am serious and don't call me Shirley."

12:01AM - July 20
We have luggage. The significance of the time stamp above is the time they delivered the luggage. Let me walk you through the experience.

Me: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Them: BANG BANG Knock Knock

Me: "Pookie, someone's at the door."

Pookie: "So get up and get it, I am the King and I don't have opposable thumbs. And while you're up...feed me" ( Pookie didn't really say that, but I imagined that's what he would have said if he could talk.)

Me: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ - stumble trip ... unlock door

Them: Luggage?

(At this point its important to point out two things to you. 1) My sarcastic button was apparently switched off because this morning I can think of a hundred ways to answer this kid and 2) The Kid delivering the luggage couldn't have been more than 12 and certainly didn't know any English words other than "luggage" since he repeated it three times.

Me: (waking a bit and realize this kid has my LUGGAGE) Like a giddy teenager in a high pitch squeal I say, "YAY!"

Everything is accounted for. Though it looked like someone ransacked the bag. I'm a very neat packer (its a talent I possess). What appeared to me wasn't neat.

3 comments:

Nicki said...

Luggage! Yay!

Wash everything before you wear it, though. Twice.

Nicki said...

You know, now that I think about it, they delivered my brother's lost luggage in the middle of the night, too. What's up with that?

Al & Jo said...

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! You opened the door to a complete stranger at midnight, without looking out to see who it was? ARE YOU CRAZY? HAVE YOU LOST ALL THE SECUIRTY TRAINING THAT WE POUNDED IN YOUR HEAD??? THE Lynnwood serial strangler/killer could have been there...well, maybe not that, but it could have been. And all because he could say the word "luggage". The next time I want you to open the door for me I will remember the pass word. Seriously, glad you got your luggage back....however, I agree with Freak Magnet, wash everything twice!