I was having dinner tonight with long time friends Chicken Lady and Blueberry (names have been changed to protect the "innocent".) and we all decided it was time for me to bite the bullet and tell the crush I like him. I know. I know. Many of you, and by many I mean EVERYONE, has told me I need to make the first move. But you see, I'm a girl, if you haven't noticed, trust me I am. And I kinda like the idea of the guy making the first move. That being said, I think if I don't make any move, nothing will happen. I mean, my god it's been 1.5 years since the crush started...then it stopped...then it started again.
So here are a few suggestions I've received:
1. Have a friend email him or post a comment to his blog. What would the comment or email say? "JENN LIKES YOU."
Pro: It gets the point across real quick, no minced words.
Con: It's high school all over. "Hey Vicky, will you pass this note to Mike in gym class? I really like him and can't get up any nerve to be anywhere near him. Thanks."
2. Chicken lady suggested a visit to her parlor ( she provides a service to people and it's not what you're thinking you dirty minded lot) by a free gift certificate for "friends" of mine. While there, she could casually say, "JENN REALLY REALLY LIKES YOU."
Pros: He'd be relaxed and the point would get across to him.
Cons: See #1
3. Send a carrier pigeon with a note that reads, "JENN REALLY REALLY LIKES YOU."
Pros: Carrier pigeons are probably cheap.
Cons: Said carrier pigeon could poop on him, and that would be bad.
4. Send an email that says, "JENN REALLY REALLY LIKES YOU."
Pros: It would definitely get the point across in a simple, efficient manner. I'd be much more confident in the written word, than in person.
Cons: If I misspelled a word it could change the entire meaning and he'd be even more confused...let's just say I misspelled "like" to "licks". I'm just saying.... AND... its the coward way out.
5. Singing telegram: How would that jingle sound exactly?
Pros: He's likely never received a singing telegram before
Cons: A singing telegram...I need to get a grip.
6. Find a song that says what I'm feeling and send it to him on a CD.
Pros: He likes music
Cons: There are so many I can't even begin, the least of which I'm jolted back to college in which Evil X boyfriend sent me a "song" after I broke up with him. What song? Well, the first line goes something like this, "Shot through the heart and you're to blame...you give love...a bad name." So while I do know of a song that would fit this situation perfection there are two issues with it. 1) its country and he hates country and 2) it's country.
7. Send a e-card. I do have one in mind and it would be cute and it would say, "JENN REALLY REALLY LIKES YOU."
Pro: It's cute and funny. To view it click here. Second Row. First card titled "Go Out with Me."
Con: It's not any different than sending an email.
8. Or I can send him a link to a this.
Pros: Again, there'd be no questions
Cons: The guy is a wee bit creepy.
While all these are fantastic ideas, I think the end result is I'm going to have to put on my brave mask and just do it. I mean, what's the worst thing that could happen. He could just say he wants to be friends. Well, actually the worst thing that could happen is he could go running from the room screaming, but I doubt he'd do that.
Any other suggestions?